Hacking New DS looking to play backup games.

hamsal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I know I know, I'm a noob and what not, I still dont know much about the ds scene seeing as how I got my first ds lite yesterday when someone gave it to me for free, all I have is the actual handheld and the charger. What is the process for playing backups on this ds? Ive done all kinds of stuff with the wii. Is it the same level of work? I've heard of this Acekard 2 which will supposedly let me load backups off of a micro sd. Where can I learn all this crucial information I need to know to play backup games without screwing myself and buying stuff I dont actually need.

bigant262

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you gotta do is buy a flash cart. Then a micro sd and put the games on that and put the micro sd in the flash cart. Simple as that. lol.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
hamsal said:
Hey guys, I know I know, I'm a noob and what not, I still dont know much about the ds scene seeing as how I got my first ds lite yesterday when someone gave it to me for free, all I have is the actual handheld and the charger.

We all gotta start somewhere!

hamsal said:
What is the process for playing backups on this ds? Ive done all kinds of stuff with the wii. Is it the same level of work? I've heard of this Acekard 2 which will supposedly let me load backups off of a micro sd.

After you have created your backup you drag and drop it to the micro sd in most cases. It's then playable unless the backup needs a patch.

Personally i find ds alot easier than the wii. First shop around though acekard 2 is good but it'll probably be outdated soon. Supercard2 is out know i think.

QUOTE(hamsal @ Jun 5 2010, 04:11 PM)
Where can I learn all this crucial information I need to know to play backup games without screwing myself and buying stuff I dont actually need.

Right here! we have tutorials, homebrew most of the things homebrew wise for ds. We also support each flashcart.

Oh and Welcome!

hamsal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so which flash cart is the best to buy right now? ill grab a 8gb micro sd off of newegg for $20

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It all depends on if you want to use MicroSD cards larger than 2GB, and if you have a DSi or DS Lite. If you fine with 2GB or less and have a DS Lite, you can get a R4 from ShopTemp for $6. Thanks to Wood R4, this has excellent compatibilty and is a steal. If you want to use MicroSD cards larger than 2GB or have a DSi, get an Acekard 2i. Although it's the DSi version, it also works on the DS Lite. This will allow you to also use it on a DSi/ DSi XL if you later upgrade, there's also a chance it may work on the 3DS (to play DS games) as it's internal firmware can be updated.

While carts such as the DSTWO are better, they are also more expensive. Main advantage is that has an additional processor built in which will allow you to emulate GameBoy Advance games, and also has a real time save. If you want the realtime save, but aren't fussed about GBA emulation you can get the cheaper DSONEi This doesn't have the built in processor like the DSTWO.

I have a comprehensive guide to using Wood R4 here and a similar guide for the Acekard here

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I suggest the DSONE(i) and the DSTWO. If you want to know anything about them, pose your questions in these topics
smile.gif

DSONE(i) FAQ

DSTWO Discussion

EDIT: links got messed up. Fixed now.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CycloDS Evolution.

Acekard2i.

SuperCard DSTwo.

Your three best choices.

The SuperCard DSTwo is the newest and has the potential to be the best. I'd go for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: