new ds lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by lblk32, Mar 25, 2010.

Mar 25, 2010

new ds lite by lblk32 at 4:15 AM (800 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. lblk32
    OP

Member lblk32 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i am going to buy a new ds lite. the original one.

What would be a better choice. cyclods or acekard 2 or a different flashcard

overall which one is the better buy?

thanks

2. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I have both, the CycloDS and the acekard 2i and the CycloDS has the better build quality, the acekard's greatness comes from AKAIO, but if you can afford the CycloDS then i would recommend you purchase it.

3. Kwartel

Member Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Netherlands
    those are 2 different versions [​IMG]
    pick the AK

4. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    I too own CycloDS and Acekard 2i.

I bought Acekard because it was so damn cheap and I was PLANNING to get DSi (a plan that was not executed completely)

I find myself using more of Acekard 2i - mostly just because it loads about a second faster and has more smoother UI (MAY BE CHANGED IN FUTURE, yet to see what kind of sexy stuff team cyclops is to offer in possible update in near future)

For games: Both are in same line

In features: cyclo wins with RealTimeSave (Slowdown is useless feature) - OH, there IS ingame text reader. I just remembered it, that was how much I used it ever...

Acekard wins at moment with speed (initial boot is side-by-side tested by me with two flashmed (no health warning) DS lites, and cyclo boots to menu a second later than acekard. Plus acekard is more intuitive to control by touch (cyclo at moment (may change in near future) is kinda clunky, and my biggest debacle is with it misregistering touches and slides, ending up booting games when I just wanted slide the cursor down)

So... My bottomnline in recommendation is... Acekard 2i at moment (2i because of hardware problems in 2.1, it does work on all models) - Cyclo Has features but game compatibility is same, and updated really fast as well. (On both) - bottomline is; Is real time save and ingame text reader worth 30bucks extra?

5. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    Def get the AK2i as if in the future you upgrade to dsi/xl you wont have to buy a new card,also lets face it its a JOKE that team cyclo have STILL not got a dsi/xl compatable card & ther card is also WAY over priced......