Hacking New DS Lite question.

Omynous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying a new DS Lite, as recently I've broken my DS Lite. I bought that DS Lite back in around 2006-2007 along with the DSTT, so I have a question about the new DS Lite's of 2010: Do they have newly updated firmwares that block the use of flash carts such as DSTT(as of 2006-2007)? I want to use that old DSTT flash cart of mine with the new DS, since there's no point buying another new flash cart if I already have a working one. Sorry if I'm just being paranoid, it's because I've heard about a firmware of DSi that could block flash carts, and also (unrelated), Apple iPod touch's new firmwares can block Jailbreaks too, so I asked myself what if new DS Lite's could block flash carts.

Thanks.

P/S: Sorry about my English, I'm not an English speaker.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DS lites blocking DS flashcarts are very unlikely.
I've heard of unusual cases on here where people claim they've sent their DS lites to Nintendo to be repaired, and can't use their flashcarts afterwards, but even that's unlikely.

It's not like the DSi where they can just upgrade everything that easily.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think new DSes have flashcart-blocking firmware on them. My friend just got one last week (DS Lite) and my AK2i works fine on it, same with my old M3 Real. I think you're in the clear.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)