New DS Linker: Microninja!

melloncollie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, I love how people are still mentioning that 512MB is not enough. They sound almost as retarded as saying "WTF I WANT 50 GIGABYTES OF SPACE TO HOLD ALL MY SONGZ AND 100 GAMEZ WTF WTF". Seriously, the DS-X and the MicroNinja are two different products. People are happy with 512MB, some aren't; that doesn't mean either is superior. When it comes down to it, compatibility and ease of use (and for some, price) are the deciding factors that make or break a cart. So how about we all wait for a review (and the re-review of the DS-X for that matter), and then we can see which carts better.
I smell a DS-Xtreme fanboy.
Also, I care about the amount of space a flashcart contains or can contain.
512MB is not enough for me.
I prefer to have MP3's, some videos, and games on my flashcart.
My preferred amount of space right now is 4GB (which I have with my SuperCard SD).
So, yeah, it's a huge factor in my book.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
4GB is fine for the average user but what about when you want to transfer over 2Gig files filled with Dummy data?....I mean that's only two files...no room for games....seriously....I have 604 DVDS, 5988 Songs, 2022 comics, 1233349 Pictures, and 2344 TV shows....how am I supposed to fit all this on a 2 Gig or even a 4 gig memory stick? There really needs to be a better solution out there.

rippon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have my iPod for music, don't any of you guys have music players? "The right tool for the job", you know?

I think I've loaded maybe... I dunno, four games at once onto a flash cart before, I really don't need to have a hundred games in my pocket at ALL times. As long as it can fit the biggest cartridge possible, I'm perfectly happy. And last I checked, nothing is larger than 1GBit yet, let alone 4.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
That’s not a new product, lol! They think they have an exclusive but that info is even in my flashcart and homebrew guide from months ago. It was called the Ninja DS Pocket and only had 1Gbit (128MB) of space. The change to microSD is a well added addition as it now makes this product a contender

OK, then you're saying the SC Lite is not a new product since it's a Supercard, the M3 Lite is not a new product since it's a M3, etc.
AND You're saying this is old news because your personal website had some information about a product that has a different size, different media, different name... you're kidding, right?

edit:
QUOTE1Gbit (256MB)
.. yes you are

CronoTrig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, I love how people are still mentioning that 512MB is not enough. They sound almost as retarded as saying "WTF I WANT 50 GIGABYTES OF SPACE TO HOLD ALL MY SONGZ AND 100 GAMEZ WTF WTF". Seriously, the DS-X and the MicroNinja are two different products. People are happy with 512MB, some aren't; that doesn't mean either is superior. When it comes down to it, compatibility and ease of use (and for some, price) are the deciding factors that make or break a cart. So how about we all wait for a review (and the re-review of the DS-X for that matter), and then we can see which carts better.

I smell a DS-Xtreme fanboy.
Also, I care about the amount of space a flashcart contains or can contain.
512MB is not enough for me.
I prefer to have MP3's, some videos, and games on my flashcart.
My preferred amount of space right now is 4GB (which I have with my SuperCard SD).
So, yeah, it's a huge factor in my book.

My point being, that what might not be enough for you can be plenty for others. Different solutions for different users. You can think of it as buying a 20GB or 80GB iPod; some people only need 20GB, some need 80GB, it's all a matter of preference.

I, for one, DO NOT use my DS as an all-in-one device (I have an iPod for music/movies). This is why I prefer the DS-X. I won't say that the new MicroNinja is a bad product, I'm just saying it's not right for me. I prefer the DS-X since it does exactly what I want (which is play games). I find it really pointless that people bring up size constraints as an issue, seeing as how for some people 512MB is perfect.

CronoTrig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
4GB is fine for the average user but what about when you want to transfer over 2Gig files filled with Dummy data?....I mean that's only two files...no room for games....seriously....I have 604 DVDS, 5988 Songs, 2022 comics, 1233349 Pictures, and 2344 TV shows....how am I supposed to fit all this on a 2 Gig or even a 4 gig memory stick? There really needs to be a better solution out there.

I hope you're joking about this...

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

He's not joking I think he wants a solution with internal memory as huge as him (or his cock)
like a DS-X 120 Gbit... but that'd only be 15 gbyte, damn you can barely fit 2 DVD-DL-sized games on that shit

pbjorge12

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One has to wonder why they just released the ugly ass U shaped Ninja product last week if they had this to be announced so soon after? I still prefer an internal solution as I just want to game....not transfer the TB of data from my computer to my DS but this is good news for those who prefer removable memory solutions....bad news for those (if any lol) that bought the U shaped one.
It is SD-Based - That is a HUGE pro for me...
And if it was 40 or 50 dollars I would definitely put up with the bad asthetics...Unfortunately it is roughly 80...

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is your solution!
IDE-GBAMP201_qjpreviewth.jpg

Natrium42's HDD hack. xD Just kidding, probably even worse. Hey at least you can get a lot more than 4 gigs, lol. Anyways, there are some people who don't have that much stuff. Me I'm looking for a flash cart thats expandable so I can put a few songs, maybe an ep or two of anime, and game a bit. It's also good to be able to just swap out my micro sd when I don't need my DS Lite, and just want to bring around my Sandisk mp3 player, or use it in my Moto SLVR instead. That's just my take on the space issue, and I agree, the average user, 4 gigs is enough; someone like you I recommend that doohicky xD jk. But dang that is a lot of stuff you have, can you even fit that on an 80 gigs ipod? Lol.
As for the Microninja, looks nice, but for me there just isn't that feeling thats good I have about Team Ninja, i'll have to wait for the reviews on this to see. Can't wait though.
ph34r.gif

stinkingbob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antarctica
Chrono Trig, I agree with you 100%. I really can't understand people who rip on the DS-X because of its memory size. The DS-X is for playing games. Period. That was the intent of the product. NDS is not really meant to play movies or music. Its just that someone wrote an app that made it possible.
So, lets break it down. If you want to store music and video files, DON'T buy a DS-X. You are better off getting something that uses removable portable memory.
If you only are going to play games and maybe listen to music, then get a DS-X.
People are complaining about cost. Well, consider how much R and D, testing and man hours went into making the DS-X. $120 is a great deal considering its great compatibility and easy to use interface.
Figure this: buying 4 NDS games at $30 = 1DSX
Now, how many games are you guys going to be playing over the life of the cart?
100+ Well, you just saved $3000.
Choose the right dev kit that will best suit you, but don't criticize others who choose one solution over another.

bajibbles

Ragnafreak
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i had a big post thought out but i cant be bothered; all im wondering is this:

ds-x has perfected multiplayer play with unflashed DS's and features drag-and drop, but the main issue is the space with users.
Acekard has SD play which 'supposedly' (as no one has tested it) works perfectly with multiplayer, SD solution to storage but has no drag-and-drop?
NinjaDS has the SD solution to storage, drag-and-drop, yet imperfect multiplayer.

All have compatability issues.

This is ignoring pricing issues, but from just this (im sure i missed stuff) the only one that cant be fixed with a firmware update (assuming acekard works with those main features, im sure everything they advertise won't be like this) will be the DS-X's storage capability? Although whether or not unflashed DS's can work with an SD solution cart is still unknown; if so the DS-X is still definitely 'in the game'. Space isn't such a big issue when the card itself is so easy to write... as users pointed out, you can only play one game at a time, and the ds-x has much more space than that, and is just so easy to write to (all you need is it and a $5 USB cable you can get easily, and you can connect to any pc or laptop and switch the files around). Do any carts currently have movie support? The idea of filling up my cart with movies which will take large amounts of space and only run for the length of a normal film seems like a waste of space to me anyway. It shouldn't be so easily dismissed, because it has the best compatability, homebrew support and multiplayer capability of any cart, and that could just as easily be attributed to the way it is closest to a normal DS cart. Will DS games ever reach over 2Gb in size anyway? I wonder if many gamers can even download something that size...
tongue.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the AceKard and Ninja DS Micro are both the best two alternatives to the DS-X. I think the DS-X is a wonderful product but for users who want more memory and a lower price point these two solutions are great. Well, the best until we see what M3/G6 and the SuperCard teams have for us.

Also since the DS-X came out I think the Ninja DS team decided to rethink the old Ninja DS Pocket and decided to release a microSD version instead. I could be wrong as they might go ahead and released the old version too but I don't think it would do well. I don't think the DS-X team will reduced the DS-X price until a good slot 1 solution is released. Hopefully, one of the two new slot 1 devices will be decent enough to save us all a few bucks.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

thefoxhole

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man! It seems like ever since ds-x appeared the slot 1 solutions are exploding. I know that there were some slot 1's before the ds-x but why all of the sudden everyone is gung-ho about it? I have no bias towards any particular unit mainly because I am new to the "nds scene." I don't understand why every one gets so hostile about the different features. I mean seriously if one unit does not have a particular feature buy the next one. There are many options.
As for the new NINJA. Did they not just release the unit that wraps around the nds? Why release unit after unit? Also, am I correct that the microninja will use TF?
On a different note. Everyone is talking about acekard. Do we have any concrete proof that it is real?
smile.gif
seems to good to be true... well feel free to reply with any comments or even flame me.. that is always fun to read
smile.gif

thefoxhole

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

He's not joking I think he wants a solution with internal memory as huge as him (or his cock)
like a DS-X 120 Gbit... but that'd only be 15 gbyte, damn you can barely fit 2 DVD-DL-sized games on that shit
Sounds like your NDS is going to be a multimedia powerhouse!
nds.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man! It seems like ever since ds-x appeared the slot 1 solutions are exploding. I know that there were some slot 1's before the ds-x but why all of the sudden everyone is gung-ho about it? I have no bias towards any particular unit mainly because I am new to the "nds scene." I don't understand why every one gets so hostile about the different features. I mean seriously if one unit does not have a particular feature buy the next one. There are many options.
As for the new NINJA. Did they not just release the unit that wraps around the nds? Why release unit after unit? Also, am I correct that the microninja will use TF?
On a different note. Everyone is talking about acekard. Do we have any concrete proof that it is real?
smile.gif
seems to good to be true... well feel free to reply with any comments or even flame me.. that is always fun to read
smile.gif

I'm gung-ho about a slot one device because
1. hopefully we will come very close to native cart battery life
2. GBA cart linkage
3. rumble pack/expansion pack/twister devices
4. to a lesser extent performance increase

I'm really hoping the AK delivers on those promises. Since I already invested in a TF card I don't want to spend extra money to get something that has built in memory. Otherwise I would already have purchased the DS-X.

BTW, is there any comparison out there with the DS-X battery life vs. native cart vs. slot-2 solution? Or vs. the microninja or the AK (I know, not yet)?

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm personally not terribly excited about slot one solutions. No GBA = bleh. I can do with patching, as long as the team behind the cart puts out new versions of the software compatible with new games (but I s'pose that's the advantage of slot one solutions -- not having to depend on a team for new patches when new games are released...).

thefoxhole

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I bought the DS-x so hopefully I get a wonderful product.. And if i am dissatisfied, i will buy the super card or m3
smile.gif
and just use the ds-x as a passcard
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?