New DS Flash Kit - EZ-Flash V

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
May I ask why they call "booting from GBA-slot" and "Flashme" and stuff a "nightmare"? o.o

1st rule of marketing ... find a way to make the consumer feel like what he's got now, no matter how good it is, totally sucks.

2nd rule of marketing ... nobody talks about the 1st rule of marketing.
rofl2.gif

I'm a cheapass gamer, so I try not to let that rule #1 bother me. Fer instance, I just bought 4 Xbox games each ranked 9+ by IGN for under $50 shipped. I win! I'm still plenty happy with my slot 2 cart, but when the Slot1's have been out long enough to get the kinks worked out, I'll take a look at them. I think the best feature they offer is that they'll work in any DS including any future redesign. (Yes, I think Nintendo may release one more DS redesign)

Of what's out there RIGHT NOW, this is clearly the leader.
i dont think there is going to be another redesign of the NDS, but i do see whatever "TNBT" that nintendo does will be backwards compatable with this, making it a good dual purpose thing. just like old GBA stuff could be used on the DS.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
May I ask why they call "booting from GBA-slot" and "Flashme" and stuff a "nightmare"? o.o
You try being chinese, and explaining flashme/passme/nopass/ds security bypassing to english "children" who just want to play instead of think... try it for just one day and you will have nightmares, and give the other person a horror story, I bet. I have been on the other side of the coin, trying to explain to chinese/italian/spanish/insertlanguagehere people who are using babbling fish to do their talking... it just doesn't go well at all.
laugh.gif

At any rate, the EZ4 lite compact with no NAND flash sells for like 25USD, this thing won't have NAND flash, so who knows - it could be something for any "cheap a$$ gamer"

chrishk15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YAWN...sooo glad I waited....F-the DSX...latata...lada....512mb for 130 is crazy..latada...ladadada..shoot boobydoo boop!

Sekkyumu

Trophies
Website
charaveldesign.com
XP
Country
France

MrFats

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
looks promising. I too, will wait until the bugs and what not are worked out of the Slot 1 solutions better. But they are on my wish list for the next year, (that, a DS Lite black, and a Wii). For now, though, I'm happy with my DS phat, and M3 CF.

inter4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The features are great and it comes in black so it will be perfect for my black DSlite. The only thing remaining is that one group releases the gba lite pack that includes ram and vibration so it can be used with opera and other games easily.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And another DS Linker...

Tired of these...

you have an alternative?

Well every week there's a new linker coming out or being announced. Sick and tired of it...
At least if they didn't copy what already exist, yeah, that would be better I think...

this is just what happens whenever there's a new generation or iteration of product coming onto the scene. Everybody wants a piece of the action, so unknowns try to jump in early and establish a foothold on the beach.

In another 7-8 months, the herd will thin back to no more than 3-4 main products.

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the kings of gba, the kings of slot-2, and now the kings of slot-1?

man i can't imagine the price on this from the EZ-Team... $20-$30?

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, that hybrid mode, do you think you'll need to patch the rom in windows or will ez-v patch it on the fly or something?
The features are great and it comes in black so it will be perfect for my black DSlite. The only thing remaining is that one group releases the gba lite pack that includes ram and vibration so it can be used with opera and other games easily.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=40295
"The eWin team also announced, that alongside the eWin 3, they will release their own branded rumble and memory expansion paks as an alternative to the official Nintendo ones, these are estimated to be priced at around only $6!"

the kings of gba, the kings of slot-2, and now the kings of slot-1?

man i can't imagine the price on this from the EZ-Team... $20-$30?

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Wow, I'm looking forward to see how this one does on the homebrew-front... As EZ4 failed miserably
smile.gif
It does work, but not good enough
tongue.gif

I will probably get myself one sometime march or later... depends on when its released... Only game I can't play ATM is Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. I will probably buy that game anyways so no need for upgrading flashcard just yet.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

1st rule of marketing ... find a way to make the consumer feel like what he's got now, no matter how good it is, totally sucks.

2nd rule of marketing ... nobody talks about the 1st rule of marketing.
rofl2.gif

Lol. Don't forget Mahjong Fight Club
happy.gif

Damnit >_<
And i just got a DS-X too, i do love it, the only thing i hate is the size... if i knew this was comin' out i might've waited.
Dont get me wrong, DSX IS the best 1-slot solution right now (acekard and ninjapass suck :-/)
But man... I assume this will be able to play DS-to-DS like dsx w/o flashing, which is one of the reasons i got it.

DS-X fanboi alert! seriously, from what i've heard, DS-X doesn;t actually have perfect Downlaod play to unflashed DS's which is kind bad...
i could be wrong though, don't quote me.

QUOTE(ahsan @ Dec 12 2006, 02:35 AM)
Does this new flashkit support the drag and drop feature, like the one of the DS-X?
I'm thinking of getting a DS-X, but if this is just as easy to use and has external memory, i'll be getting the EZ-Flash V.

Dude can't you read!! i says it has drag and drop feature but also patching if u wish to potentially increase compatability, speed, trainers, mods, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...