New DS Flash Kit - EZ-Flash V

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
How will it integrate with the EZFlash IV Lite Deluxe? Will I be able to stash my GBA roms on there, and have my DS roms on the EZflashV?

Of course!!! (Acts like a passcard)

Awesome news...can't wait for the review!!!!!!!!
grog.gif

yaynds.gif

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definatly looks promising. I still think that i'm gonna wait it out and see what the m3/g6 team has up their sleeves but ez products have enticed me for a while now. Stuff just keeps getting better and better.

Whiternoise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm.. do you think it would work with a SuperCard - i imagine booting might be tricky (which one has priority) - but it would be great if you had two 2gb cards in
biggrin.gif

ahsan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Out of these slot 1 solutions, which one do u predict will end up being the most successful?

DS-X
eWin 3
EZ-Flash V
Supercard DS
R4
MicroNinja
Mediagamer

I know there arnet any reviews as of yet, but i just wanna know your views on the differrent teams

Whiternoise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
At a guess, it would be either EZ-Flash or Supercard (maybe DS-X)

EZ and Supercard (didn't know they have a slot1 in the works too) have a massive fan base and they have enough products out to "insure" their products for quality.

The new ones (R4, MediaGamer) seem a bit suspect to me - i wouldn't trust them until they've had a good few reviews.

How long will it take for the EZ-Flash to be released?

NowhereLand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"Ya estamos de vuelta de nuestro viaje, estamos preparando el lanzamiento del nuevo EZ5 para antes de que finalice el año."

It's from the spanish EZflash Store. So, before new year we could get the new flash card

azndragonguy115

Trophies
Website
hai-san.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Out of these slot 1 solutions, which one do u predict will end up being the most successful?

DS-X
eWin 3
EZ-Flash V
Supercard DS
R4
MicroNinja
Mediagamer

I know there arnet any reviews as of yet, but i just wanna know your views on the differrent teams
i want to know as well

im sure the supercard ds will do fairly well but im hoping the ewin does well

quartercast

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore

DS-X
eWin 3
EZ-Flash V
Supercard DS
R4
MicroNinja
Mediagamer

DS-X has sold like hotcakes ever since it launched, and considering its hefty price I think it'll be the most financially successful. I think the X9 (not on list) has sold well too, because of its price and availability. These two carts have a head start.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good thing all these new slot-1 solutions uses microSD memory, and the card itself isn't very expensive.

So it's not that costly to switch.

donny110

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
could i use this with the supercard SD to play NDS and GBA game backups till i can buy a micro SD (in other words use this as a passme for my supercard)

yaesumofo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HI guys. I am not a frequent poster as you can see so take what I say with some salt or not.
I have a pretty good amount of experience with this stuff. I started with a g6 card with a passme and have graduated to the M3 perfect and the ezflash V with the sub card.

IMHO so far the EZflash V is the best made card I like the position of the micro slot. once installed you can't loose the card. it is easy to loose the card on the M3 perfect/r4 card. if you hit it just right you can send the micro sd card flying several feet. this is not a factor with the EZ flash V.
That is good.
The r/4 solution is totally plug and play. drag the files onto the card plug it into the ds and away you go. I experienced vary little problems of any kind doing this. I even used an EZ IV in slot 2 talk about covering all the bases. with 2 gigs of memory between them it is a good solution.
one thing I noticed about the r4/m3 perfect card is that all saves take up 512K of memory. this is a bad thing. the EZ flash V doesn't do this it scales the sav file to the application. a much better system. As a result I am able to fit more software on the same 1 gig kingston card (about 10.00 at meritlime.com) Now having the ezflash V and the ezflash V slot 2 card together is pretty cool. I cam load a single gba game which I can hold in the ezflash slot 1 card, I can play games with rumble and I can use the DS opera all without a hitch.

I could go on and on with this. Let me tell you what I did not like about the ezflash V. first of all it did not work at all out of the box. nope Nada. then is was a real pain to find the most current version of the kernel. Then it was even more of a pain in the ass to find the shell folder. Now somebody with NO Internet access would be totally out of luck. plus there is no printed manual. not even a disk not even a URL to go get this stuff. I am no dummy when it comes to this stuff...though you may think so when I tell you that it took me 1/2 hour to get it working. this is not the case with the M3 perfect/ r4 solution.
Also there is no information on how to load the slot 2 ezflash.
Talk about a pain. It takes about 2 minutes to really do it. plus if the game in on the computer it is a multiple step process to get to work. Again the directions are not totally accurate or clear.

I was pretty happy with the r4/m3perfect solution and a slot 2 card like the ez IV. This is a pretty flexible solution.

When it comes to home brew stuff. So far I have had pretty good success. The one app I can't get to work yet is the image view application. I like it and I can't get it to work on the EZ flash V. too bad. I have DS organize a mandelbrot generator, goo, and a few homebrew games all working quite well.

The Nintendo is an amazing little machine. these slot tools we are getting really make it accessible and make it more fun.
I am looking forward to the next generation of cards with motion control built into them like the neoMARK xx. A SINGLE CARD with memory, vibration, 3 axis motion gyro, and a 2 gig oh boy!!
I am not terribly exicited witht the MoonShell front end...yet. How much work would it be for them to create a nice custom GUI for us. I suppose the use of MoonShell is cheap which keeps the cost down.
Oh a word about cost. they all seem to be hovering around 30-35 bucks. The extra few dollars you spend on the EZ flash V is worth it from a quality of hardware point of view. it is certainly a better made product that the r4/M3 prefect solution imho.
there is a $55.00 package deal for both of the EZFalsh V cards. I say that this is a pretty darn goo deal for all of the capability You get.
I enjoy the rumble pak feature...I wish more games implemented it.

I have a lot of fun fooling around with my DS. I love cool software and hardware.
This is high tech bleeding edge technology The bottom line with this stuff is this. By nature it will change rapidly. these companies will continue to evolve these products just as quick as we will buy them. I looked at the DSextreme. That looks like a cool product. BUT you are locked into a very expensive card which will be obsolete very quickly.Look at how little time went by between the first and second generation relese of that product. Do you want to get locked into that ? Not me. At least with the r4/m3 perfect and ez flashV solutions you can take the memory with you to the next card.

Sorry to have rambled on a bit.
Ok that is it go ahead and flame away. these are m opinions based on a lot of experience I hope you are able to gain somthing from reading this.
Yaesumofo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o