New Drugs May Extend Our Lifespan to 150 Years

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i agree that this sort of science is extrodinary, and evolves our knowledge. but expanding our lifespan defeats the purpose of living. we should be able to live life with the knowing that we might not survive tomorrow, especially at an older age, but once this "drug" is sucessfully developed, people arre not gonna realize the actual life they've been giving.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Yeah, with a longer life, we have more time to do things, hence, we'd likely get higher unemployment, which is already pretty high... I dunno, doesn't look like a good plan for me.

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
Unemployment (like someone has already said) will be a big problem... Even if the maximum age stops at 70 (like here, although at 65 with can go and say I'm an oldie and we have to pay him/her a misery of a payment for being old), your body wont be that good... And the problem of aging is that the DNA has molecules (or enzimes if you like it more) that corrects it from it's use... You know, a DNA molecule that has already been multiplied 20 times, won't be as good as a new DNA molecule... Mutations, errors, etc. cause this...

So, having a medication that stops it, and slows it down... Hmmmmmmmm, you know, there's something fishy here, how are you supposed to have new cells to regenerate the skin, or even producing sperm or ovules? I'll say fake until I see the results with these very eyes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol