Hacking New drives in the wii

uph4m

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a wiikey and my wii broke in the same week (it was locking up when reading disks randomly). Now when I get it back (after some testing) I feel like installing the chip. Now if they have to replace the drive/wii will I be able to know if it is one of the new drives that make it harder to install the chip? I would hate to open it up and not be able to install it because I don't really want to solder to the leg of one of the chips. Anybody know of a way to tell without voiding the warranty?

Chronics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a wiikey and my wii broke in the same week (it was locking up when reading disks randomly). Now when I get it back (after some testing) I feel like installing the chip. Now if they have to replace the drive/wii will I be able to know if it is one of the new drives that make it harder to install the chip? I would hate to open it up and not be able to install it because I don't really want to solder to the leg of one of the chips. Anybody know of a way to tell without voiding the warranty?

how your wii break so quickly

vegenigma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is good news. I am going to put my WiiKey in on Wednesday and was worried I would open my new system (bought last Wednesday) to find that it was going to be different.

uph4m

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how your wii break so quickly

[/quote]

I don't know. I got it in January and I have never had a problem. I take it to my friend's house one day and it won't load wii play. After messing with it for a seccond it loads and `wii' play (couldn't resist the pun). After 45 min to an hour the console locks up and a buzzing noise comes through the speakers. I thought it might be the disk but every game I have did the same thing. Sometimes it was 5 min and sometimes it was over an hour. Luckily it was still under warranty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...