New drives in the wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by uph4m, May 21, 2007.

May 21, 2007

New drives in the wii by uph4m at 4:57 AM (1,267 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. uph4m
    OP

Newcomer uph4m Member

United States
    I ordered a wiikey and my wii broke in the same week (it was locking up when reading disks randomly). Now when I get it back (after some testing) I feel like installing the chip. Now if they have to replace the drive/wii will I be able to know if it is one of the new drives that make it harder to install the chip? I would hate to open it up and not be able to install it because I don't really want to solder to the leg of one of the chips. Anybody know of a way to tell without voiding the warranty?

2. Louse76

Member Louse76 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No one has ever seen one of those new drives. At least not on this forum.

I think it was a fake, a bunch of BS.

3. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I agree with Louse76. I've been installing many modchips in systems purchased in the last month and all have been the same design we're all used to.

4. Chronics

Newcomer Chronics Advanced Member

United States

how your wii break so quickly

5. vegenigma

Newcomer vegenigma Member

United States
    This is good news. I am going to put my WiiKey in on Wednesday and was worried I would open my new system (bought last Wednesday) to find that it was going to be different.

6. uph4m
    OP

Newcomer uph4m Member

United States
    how your wii break so quickly

[/quote]

I don't know. I got it in January and I have never had a problem. I take it to my friend's house one day and it won't load wii play. After messing with it for a seccond it loads and `wii' play (couldn't resist the pun). After 45 min to an hour the console locks up and a buzzing noise comes through the speakers. I thought it might be the disk but every game I have did the same thing. Sometimes it was 5 min and sometimes it was over an hour. Luckily it was still under warranty.