New cart not loading

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by lonfar, Apr 14, 2009.

Apr 14, 2009

New cart not loading by lonfar at 2:25 PM (2,097 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. lonfar
    OP

Member lonfar GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Just recieved my Acekardi from Focalprice, formmatted my sd n placed the __aio and akmenu4.nds.

I'm getting trouble loading this, it doesn't even detect the cart. Just goes to health and safety and goes to system menu

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It's supposed to go to the system menu, but you should see the Acekard in the icon for slot 1. Run it just like a regular game cartridge by clicking on the icon.

-Bri

3. lonfar
    OP

Netherlands
    i can't see the cartridrige on the system menu, it doesn't appear on the screen

4. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Try another Micro SD, see what happens...

5. lonfar
    OP

Netherlands
    tried a 16gb one and 4gb, i tried my cyclods and both was ok [​IMG]

6. BowlOfSpiders

Member BowlOfSpiders hi

United States
    If you have tried everything and it still doesn't work, contact the person you bought the acekard from and ask for a replacement.

7. Agent007

Member Agent007 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm having a guess that the contacts of the Acekard 2i are not touching the ds' contacts, try putting a paper inbetween the black housing and the contacts itself, I did that and it worked.

8. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    put atlest 3 pieces of tape on front of sd card or try the newest ak2 loader....

9. lonfar
    OP

Netherlands
    i tired akaio 1.4 and themott ak2 n none worked also they sent me was a ak box not the actual ak 2i box

10. Natsuki2

Newcomer Natsuki2 Newbie

Belgium
    I have exactly the same problem as you and I tried everything described in this topic ... I got an Acekard 2 box, inside the box, the acekard 2 i is in a plastic thing with an orange sticker "DSi compatible" on it ...

11. WioWao

Member WioWao GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    This happens to my card sometimes and i got it in the same box as you guys! But dont get sad to soon! Sometimes my card wont show up. Then i clean the "gold" contacts and blow into the DS. I try with an original game. Sometimes that doesnt fix it but then i wait like 5min and it works again O.o Weird but guys try to clean the contacts. Put some tape or paper like they say.

12. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    "gold"? [​IMG] They are real gold. Gold is the best material for electrical contacts, it provides the best and highest quality. My HDMI cables, amongst other things, are gold plated at the connections. But when I used my R4, sometimes it also didn't show up. Some blowing into the DS soon fixed it, but I tended to leave the card in the DS as much as possible, instead of removing it all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold#Electronics

And how can it be ANYTHING to do with the Micro SD? Take your Micro SD out, then put the Acekard into your DS. Bingo, it still sees the Acekard without having a memory card it at all. It's a hardware, not a software, problem.

13. tonkotsu

Newcomer tonkotsu Member

United States
    Let me piggy-back this thread.

I got my 2i today. I formatted my SD card w/ the Panasonic formatter. Have the latest AKAIO firmware and loader. I played a few games w/ no problem. Then I tried Pokemon Platinum (U), worked for a few mins then it froze. I resetted the DSi and got an "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off..." when I load the 2i. I resetted it again, and the 2i loaded fine.

Later this evening, I played The Dark Spire (U). And it froze. When I resetted the game, I got the error message again. My 2i shows up on the DSi menu. But I can't load it. I tried reformatting my SD card and it still won't load.

Does anyone have any ideas? Much appreciated.

14. Tokiopop

United Kingdom
    There have been reports of people's Acekard 'bricking' after playing certain games. You might have been unlucky enough for this to happen.

15. tidu

Newcomer tidu Newbie

Finland
    Same problem here.
    New acekard2i (dealextreme) that came in a small(er) packaging without a plastic holder for the card.

Does not show up in the system menu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Tokiopop

United Kingdom
    Mine came in that smaller cardboard box, that had no plastic inside. It came from DealExtreme, and it working perfectly.

Apart from DSOrganise and Moonshell2 not working, but that's probably my fault [​IMG]

17. lonfar
    OP

Netherlands
    Tidu that exactly like mine when it arrive, i don't feel like using papers and card to make it working [​IMG] getting myself the refund and carry on my ds lite, when a proper cart come out i gonna use the dsi

18. CapeCrusader

Newcomer CapeCrusader Member

United States
    I got another one today to give as a gift. The Acekard 2i is shown in the menu but it does not load. All I get is a blank screen. I tried all my MicroSD cards that work in my Acekard 2i but no luck. No matter what combination I try the Acekard does not load. I am trying the combination's in the same DSi with SD cards that I know work but no luck. Any ideas?

19. Tokiopop

United Kingdom
    Did you even put any files on the Micro SD cards?

20. CapeCrusader

Newcomer CapeCrusader Member

United States
    All 3 SD cards are loaded with games and movies. I have AKAIO loader on 2 of the cards and on the other I have the official Acekard laoder. All 3 cards work fine in another Acekard but not in the new one. I am also using the same DSi for both Acekard 2i's. Like I said in my previous post my original Acekard works great then new one is seen by the DSi but when I go to load/boot it I get a dark screen.