New card on the market - iTouchDS

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of the M3sakura with the shortcuts and whatnot...
Seems good. I would get it but I want to wait for m3sakura and see how close they function In comparison.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cory1492 said:
Urza said:
I wouldn't trust these links. Its likely they're trying to pre-sale the cards, and who knows when/if they'll actually get them in stock.
exactly, console source does this all the time. They get notification that stock will be shipped to them (not HAS been shipped to them) and they mark it as "in stock" even if it hasn't even shipped to them yet. I recall a problem a while back, where customs held one of their shipments for 2-3 weeks and the entire time the products in that shipment were listed as "in stock"
rolleyes.gif
it took almost 3 weeks to get my cash back that time (they are NOT easy to get a hold of if you have a problem), so I could order someplace that wasn't pulling shady crap like that.

The only thing that should be taken as good news from their listing is the price, most places wind up beating them by $5-10 at the final bill for such things.
ConsoleSource has been added to GBAtemp's List of Shitty Dealers Never to Buy From.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=81021

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't be the only one with MC Hammer in my head right now... can I?
laugh.gif

I can't say I'm all that interested in this news, I don't need a cart, there's plenty of good ones on the market already, and they all start to look the same after a while. Oversaturating the market is just going to confuse the consumer even more, I've lost track of the number of "what should I buy" threads that end in 7 different carts being recommened on the basis of "my cart works for me, get that one". This'll just make it worse. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Shortcuts are a nice idea, I'm aware the Acekard guy gets the credit for it and what a good idea it was.
smile.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
actually i think it might have been Normmatt who first implemented the shortcut function into the RPG loader.

bazzi_h

Trophies
XP
Country
OSW said:
actually i think it might have been Normmatt who first implemented the shortcut function into the RPG loader.

I thought it Normatt who redesigned the cheat menu and bliss who thought up the shortcuts?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OzModChips said:
There is nothing wrong with the new springs.
I know becuase i do all the returns, and there have only be 5 ever, and we have sold 1000s of flash cards

does this mean the itouchds also has a spring slot?

I get about 5 out of 100 dstt cards back but the customer is not so happy about it, i'd rather have the edge card, out of 1000 sold i got none returned.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
cory1492 said:
Anyone else getting the idea M3 team are getting a bit hooked on the idea that more new products = more sales? I take this announcement as a somewhat bad thing for their current product owners.
That's exactly what they have been doing since they released the first M3CF. And not forget to no longer support their old stuff once they dump a new product on the market.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The M3 Team was good, but just because of one simple reason. The Supercard was the only other card and it couldn't handle GBA-games as well. Are there still only two cards? Do any of the Slot-1 cards play GBA-Games? No? Then you better buy another card, because this will be substandart aswell.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
bazzi_h said:
OSW said:

I thought it Normatt who redesigned the cheat menu and bliss who thought up the shortcuts?

Actually, I did the shortcuts and created the cheat menu.

As I've said before this cart uses PAlib which just shows how unprofessional this team is, But having a look through the files it looks like the major files are compressed and i haven't bothered ad probably won't have a look at them in more detail.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mad.gif
Normmatt said:
According to this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=80475 this card has/will have support for RTS, this would make it the first 'budget' cart to have this feature.

Wow...if it really does have RTS, then I think I might just pick one up. I really like the interface. Hopefully this cart is going to be better than the mediocre(in my opinion) M3/G6 Real.

qjopera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kellicros said:
The shortcut thing is what I really want in a flashcart, might get this instead of Acekard2, still deciding...

You might wanna try the acekard RPG the only dual storage card with built-in storage and open-source OS it supports HCSD cards of the micro format 12GB total of 13GBs of storage and can exchange data in 1G increments between micro sd and high-capacity micro sd plus Neoflash's best cart R6 gold is hot.

qjopera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japhle said:
Reminds me of the M3sakura with the shortcuts and whatnot...
Seems good. I would get it but I want to wait for m3sakura and see how close they function In comparison.

What is this??? theM3sakura where did you hear about it??

qjopera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
I need a new flashcart.. so I hope the review comes out soon. The iTouchDS looks good with the price it's at. I wouldn't mind buying two actually.. Or maybe I'll just buy one iTouchDS and one CycloDS.

As good as this carts it is no match for the acekard RPG which has dual-storage and already had this ability.

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The feature list looks kinda cool, namely multiple save support; but really, but they could have just added those to one of their current cards with firmware updates.

By releasing more and more carts, it makes people like myself much less likely to ever buy a product from M3. Who wants a card that is going to lose focus, support, and feature updates from its maker?

Vii_itim

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
neonix said:
The feature list looks kinda cool, namely multiple save support; but really, but they could have just added those to one of their current cards with firmware updates.

By releasing more and more carts, it makes people like myself much less likely to ever buy a product from M3. Who wants a card that is going to lose focus, support, and feature updates from its maker?

i think it's going to have something else, because making a identical flashcard now is useless

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hmmm.. shouldn't they just focus with M3Simply/Real? Releasing another cart is good, but building 3 firmwares at the same time won't be good, they might just lose it and updates M3s slowly.

Anyway, I think this one would be worth it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNY4DFhf6xM