Homebrew [NEW] Browser Check Bypass (yls8)

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Browserhax does not equal update bypass.
Browserhax fixed in 10.6
bypass fixed in 10.7

So there's still hope that if a new browser hack is found on 10.6, then the bypass technique can ensure it can't be blocked with a forced update. No such guarantees for 10.7.
Im really hope a new browser or other free exploit is found soon lol, because i was forced to update because of a softbrick

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Question : I am running Menuhax on my V9.9 o2ds and it runs perfectly. However I want to play online with friends ( pokemon battles and others) but I need to update my system firmware apparently to use the online features.
Is there anyway to use games online without having to update? any homebrew out there or something?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question : I am running Menuhax on my V9.9 o2ds and it runs perfectly. However I want to play online with friends ( pokemon battles and others) but I need to update my system firmware apparently to use the online features.
Is there anyway to use games online without having to update? any homebrew out there or something?
You can either downgrade to 9.2 and setup CFW, or if you REALLY want to, you can install the updated online components to 9.9. This will create a frankenfirmware, which isn't really recommended.

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can either downgrade to 9.2 and setup CFW, or if you REALLY want to, you can install the updated online components to 9.9. This will create a frankenfirmware, which isn't really recommended.

Hi so these 2 methods will allow me to play games such as Pokemon OR online? (trade , battle etc..?) . Can you please tell me where I can read the instructions on how to do these? Perhaps the first method since you dont recommend the other?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi so these 2 methods will allow me to play games such as Pokemon OR online? (trade , battle etc..?) . Can you please tell me where I can read the instructions on how to do these? Perhaps the first method since you dont recommend the other?

Follow this, even though it says 10.3, it works from 9.9.

Then follow this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/
I know it says N3DS, but it should be fairly similar, in terms of setting up CFW, use AuReiNAND.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/aureinand-n3ds-o3ds-a9lh.411110/

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Doopl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I couldn't get this to work on my 9.9.0-25E O3DS. After changing the date and time the update message still always appears as soon as the browser splash screen fades so I couldn't even get to the browser settings to do step 2. I did a lot of googling and tried all the suggestions I found (changing DNS, toggling wifi, deleting connections, opening browser quickly after a reboot, scanning QR codes, tethering to phone, formatting the system) in various combinations, but nothing made any difference.

Edit: ...and now making this post I double check my browser version and I realise I must've done a cart update as it should be 9.9.0-26E. Now that was a dumb waste of a couple of hours >_<

Last edited by Doopl,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am getting the same error as Droopl.
Running 10.3 though.

If you've updated to 9.9 or higher via a game cart and not via System Settings, your browser is effectively bricked/dummied out/disabled beyond your control, whatever term you prefer. Browserhax won't be an option for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I don't have it you fucking monster