OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Source:yyjoy
A new version of Acekard. It is black, thinner, and it has a label on the back. Another new version is in the works. Existing users will get a replacement free of charge.
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

It will eject to around the height of an original cart.
7.jpg

Licence: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 1.0

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Too bad the AceKard didn't live up to its expectations.

The expectations were that all games would run and it would be a pain in the ass to use. How did it not live up?

I could have sworn that they claimed that you wouldn't have to patch, and that single card download play would work.

They did.

We just need the DS-X team to make a sideloading MicroSD version of their DS-Xtreme. All other Slot 1 cards will then seem obsolete.

WangJang

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really don't see the problem aside from the fact that its windows only + a buggy software (which both could be fixed in the future) because DS-X team made the same claims and there is some problems yet.

No update for mac+linux users.
Not all games are saving 100%
Not all games are working with download play.

So basically acekard is no different as long as you select the correct save , and are using a windows machine it shouldn't be a problem if you need a cheaper solution.

vegetano1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe in a year or so we get:
-DSX: DS compatibility and nice gui
-X9: wifi connection, micro sd
-GBA rom suport
-Acekard:, well what ever is good about the Acekard.
-A nice media player
All in one slot device!!

Would not that be nice, for now i would say the DSX, stable but only 512 mb

smile.gif

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wicked....hopfully they will fix the download play and their buggy software

Edit: seems like they updated the software according to yyjoy but its all in chinese and i can't read it but the gui looks awesome

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
AceKard is without doubt THE best cart for DS roms. No if and buts about it.

This is just awesome news...I'm so glad that I waited for them to improve the software, before buying. (Saves me having to send it back for the free upgrade!
bow.gif
)

Even if DS-X were to bring out an SD version, it would still never be able to achieve the 100% compatability that Acekard has NOW, thanks to it's AKFS. Some people just don't seem to understand how innovative it is.
wub.gif

Oh yeah and can we stop the downright lies about Acekard patching roms from the DS-X fanboys...it doesn't!!! Check your facts before posting.
lecture.gif

Acekard rules!!!
grog.gif

What makes the Acekard great is 100% compatabilty. It will only ever get better in time as they improve the software etc, unlike the DS-X which can only go downhill.

PS- DS-X stable? ROFl They are still claiming compatability for games that play but don't save!
wacko.gif
They can post firmware updates for the next year, and it will still NEVER achieve 100% compatability. Just wait and see. I bet Acekard will be running on an Apple PC long before DS-X ever figure out how to update their firmware on an Apple computer!
yaynds.gif

PS- When is Acekard going to get it's own forum? Didn't the DS-X have one before it was even out?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have only had one save problem with ds-x (pokemon ranger) and have you got a acekard yet?? ( im not a fanboy) you never knwo till you get the acekard all games have not been tested so you dont know about 100%?? gbatemp review acekard 7.5 ds-x 9.5??? hmm and how can you say ds-x will never be 100% how do you know ??? you cant say thing like that if there no information to back it up.
dry.gif

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
i have only had one save problem with ds-x (pokemon ranger) and have you got a acekard yet?? ( im not a fanboy) you never knwo till you get the acekard all games have not been tested so you dont know about 100%??    gbatemp review acekard 7.5 ds-x 9.5??? hmm and how can you say ds-x will never be 100% how do you know ??? you cant say thing like that if there no information to back it up.
dry.gif

You raise some good points.
smile.gif

1.a I'm happy you haven't encounted any of the other problem games (Nintendogs Lab, Madagascar, Cocoto - Kart Racer,Brain Age etc,...I stopped reading at rom 400 but I'll assume there are others
unsure.gif
) Hopefully DS-X will fix them soon, before you get round to playing them. Last update was over a month ago(?) so another patch is long overdue.
lecture.gif

1b As I stated in my post...not yet. Mainly because I'm more than happy playing Animal Crossing on my original EZ4 lite whilst waiting for the authorised Acekard sellers to get on board. (Have you tried Animal Crossing on your DS-X ? I recommend it! )

2. You can be SURE that all roms will work on an Acekard thanks to AKFS, since it's a perfect simulation of an original cartridge.
wub.gif
It's been out in China for a while now and extensively tested, plus the DS-X team/fanboys would have pounced if even one rom failed to work! Besides all that you can trust that GBAtemp would have posted a big banner on the opening page if they'd come across one, so we'd all be warned to avoid Acekard.
wink.gif

3. From experience I know not to trust one review...but to do the research myself. I bought an EZ4lite instead of a G6lite and I know everytime I watch SouthPark on my DS that I made the right choice for me. Those episodes are on top of the 30+ DS games that I play on my measly 1 GB SD card!)

Let me ask you this...would you give your DS-X 9.5? Even now with a software update that came more than 3 weeks after the review? Give me 100% compatability any day. I'm always looking at the future. Even now I'd say Acekard beats DS-X and I haven't even seen the new Acekard GUI.

4. I know that DS-X can never achieve 100%, because of the nature of it's design. M3,G6, EZ4 etc have been around for years longer than DS-X and even they couldn't do it. Acekard even with it's rushed launch got it right straight away! All they have to do it work on the trimmings, not try and patch up a flawed concept.

Anywayz happy gaming.
yaynds.gif

PS- Apologise for rant/errors, 5.45am here and I've been playing WOW 2 days straight! (Finally got my level 60 Ice Mage!!!!
grog.gif
)

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes i have played it
biggrin.gif
and btw have you played anything on your acekard yet
biggrin.gif
no lol> your not ranting lol were having a discussion
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
well we will wait and see im happy with my ds-x and i love the support you get with them (on irc chat and that) well anyway i want the acekard to be good but there one thing the ds-x rocks:D brain age i play that everyday it works and nintendogs lab works lol. well anyway hope you get your acekard soon
biggrin.gif
and if it lives up to expectations i mite have to get one myself well nice debate m8 lol > no hard feelings
laugh.gif

yzx571

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Ncard is another flashcart that has 100% compatibility and uses clean rom.
but I'm more interested in Ewin3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...