New black, thinner Acekard

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by felix123, Dec 3, 2006.

Dec 3, 2006

New black, thinner Acekard by felix123 at 11:15 PM (2,598 Views / 0 Likes) 27 replies

1. felix123
    OP

Member felix123 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Source:yyjoy
    A new version of Acekard. It is black, thinner, and it has a label on the back. Another new version is in the works. Existing users will get a replacement free of charge.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It will eject to around the height of an original cart.
    [​IMG]
    Licence: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 1.0

2. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    So is it just a redesigned casing? [​IMG]

3. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Too bad the AceKard didn't live up to its expectations.

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The expectations were that all games would run and it would be a pain in the ass to use. How did it not live up?

5. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    I could have sworn that they claimed that you wouldn't have to patch, and that single card download play would work.

6. cheeo

Newcomer cheeo Advanced Member

United States
    I like the new look. [​IMG]

7. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    They did.

We just need the DS-X team to make a sideloading MicroSD version of their DS-Xtreme. All other Slot 1 cards will then seem obsolete.

8. WangJang

Newcomer WangJang Advanced Member

United States
    I really don't see the problem aside from the fact that its windows only + a buggy software (which both could be fixed in the future) because DS-X team made the same claims and there is some problems yet.

No update for mac+linux users.
    Not all games are saving 100%
    Not all games are working with download play.

So basically acekard is no different as long as you select the correct save , and are using a windows machine it shouldn't be a problem if you need a cheaper solution.

9. vegetano1

Newcomer vegetano1 Member

Netherlands
    Maybe in a year or so we get:
    -DSX: DS compatibility and nice gui
    -X9: wifi connection, micro sd
    -GBA rom suport
    -Acekard:, well what ever is good about the Acekard.
    -A nice media player
    All in one slot device!!

Would not that be nice, for now i would say the DSX, stable but only 512 mb

[​IMG]

10. stop_loading

Member stop_loading GBAtemp Regular

that's kinda nice

11. nightwalker

Member nightwalker GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    wicked....hopfully they will fix the download play and their buggy software

Edit: seems like they updated the software according to yyjoy but its all in chinese and i can't read it but the gui looks awesome

12. Noobix

Member Noobix GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    AceKard is without doubt THE best cart for DS roms. No if and buts about it.

This is just awesome news...I'm so glad that I waited for them to improve the software, before buying. (Saves me having to send it back for the free upgrade! [​IMG] )

Even if DS-X were to bring out an SD version, it would still never be able to achieve the 100% compatability that Acekard has NOW, thanks to it's AKFS. Some people just don't seem to understand how innovative it is. [​IMG]

Oh yeah and can we stop the downright lies about Acekard patching roms from the DS-X fanboys...it doesn't!!! Check your facts before posting. [​IMG]

Acekard rules!!! [​IMG]

What makes the Acekard great is 100% compatabilty. It will only ever get better in time as they improve the software etc, unlike the DS-X which can only go downhill.

PS- DS-X stable? ROFl They are still claiming compatability for games that play but don't save! [​IMG] They can post firmware updates for the next year, and it will still NEVER achieve 100% compatability. Just wait and see. I bet Acekard will be running on an Apple PC long before DS-X ever figure out how to update their firmware on an Apple computer! [​IMG]

PS- When is Acekard going to get it's own forum? Didn't the DS-X have one before it was even out?

13. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    i have only had one save problem with ds-x (pokemon ranger) and have you got a acekard yet?? ( im not a fanboy) you never knwo till you get the acekard all games have not been tested so you dont know about 100%?? gbatemp review acekard 7.5 ds-x 9.5??? hmm and how can you say ds-x will never be 100% how do you know ??? you cant say thing like that if there no information to back it up. [​IMG]

14. Noobix

Member Noobix GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    You raise some good points. [​IMG]

1.a I'm happy you haven't encounted any of the other problem games (Nintendogs Lab, Madagascar, Cocoto - Kart Racer,Brain Age etc,...I stopped reading at rom 400 but I'll assume there are others [​IMG] ) Hopefully DS-X will fix them soon, before you get round to playing them. Last update was over a month ago(?) so another patch is long overdue. [​IMG]

1b As I stated in my post...not yet. Mainly because I'm more than happy playing Animal Crossing on my original EZ4 lite whilst waiting for the authorised Acekard sellers to get on board. (Have you tried Animal Crossing on your DS-X ? I recommend it! )

2. You can be SURE that all roms will work on an Acekard thanks to AKFS, since it's a perfect simulation of an original cartridge. [​IMG] It's been out in China for a while now and extensively tested, plus the DS-X team/fanboys would have pounced if even one rom failed to work! Besides all that you can trust that GBAtemp would have posted a big banner on the opening page if they'd come across one, so we'd all be warned to avoid Acekard. [​IMG]

3. From experience I know not to trust one review...but to do the research myself. I bought an EZ4lite instead of a G6lite and I know everytime I watch SouthPark on my DS that I made the right choice for me. Those episodes are on top of the 30+ DS games that I play on my measly 1 GB SD card!)

Let me ask you this...would you give your DS-X 9.5? Even now with a software update that came more than 3 weeks after the review? Give me 100% compatability any day. I'm always looking at the future. Even now I'd say Acekard beats DS-X and I haven't even seen the new Acekard GUI.

4. I know that DS-X can never achieve 100%, because of the nature of it's design. M3,G6, EZ4 etc have been around for years longer than DS-X and even they couldn't do it. Acekard even with it's rushed launch got it right straight away! All they have to do it work on the trimmings, not try and patch up a flawed concept.

Anywayz happy gaming. [​IMG]

PS- Apologise for rant/errors, 5.45am here and I've been playing WOW 2 days straight! (Finally got my level 60 Ice Mage!!!! [​IMG] )

15. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    yes i have played it [​IMG] and btw have you played anything on your acekard yet [​IMG] no lol> your not ranting lol were having a discussion [​IMG] [​IMG] well we will wait and see im happy with my ds-x and i love the support you get with them (on irc chat and that) well anyway i want the acekard to be good but there one thing the ds-x rocks:D brain age i play that everyday it works and nintendogs lab works lol. well anyway hope you get your acekard soon [​IMG] and if it lives up to expectations i mite have to get one myself well nice debate m8 lol > no hard feelings [​IMG]

16. yzx571

Newcomer yzx571 Member

China
    Ncard is another flashcart that has 100% compatibility and uses clean rom.
    but I'm more interested in Ewin3.

17. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    WHERE ARE THE PICS, I CANT SEE THEM!!![​IMG]

18. ron555

Member ron555 GBAtemp Fan

Stupid threat. I can't even see the pics.

19. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

I hosted the very slow image.

- Sam

20. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Looks great!