Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
new.gif
*BETA* Flashback Legend EURO 24 Mbits (TRaSHMaN)

flashback.PNG
flashback-2.PNG

Save Type: N/A
This BETA Release Offers The Options Of 5 Languages, But Will Only Play In French!
[/p]

glassCity

Trophies
Website
www.tymelyne.com
XP
Country
United States
FlashBack was very famous...on the PC SNES and Genesis.. the graphics where advanced for its time..
I forgot the plot ..somethin about amnesia and an ugly alien.

werwe

Trophies
XP
Country
Flashback was a pretty awesome game in its day... i didn't even know that this one was in development, but it's probably well worth a try...

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Flashback was an amazing game for me on SNES, lost hrs and hrs to it.

A great story with nice graphics for it's time, kept me occupied until Super Metroid was released.

We don't ususally post BETAs unless it was unknown at the time the ROM was actually a BETA, however this one was I thought deserved a post, as I didn't even know there was a Flashback game coming to GBA.
Can't wait for the full version!

Djang

Trophies
Website
www.project-utopia.2ya.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's more an adventure.
It's not like CT Special Forces, running brainless and shoot stuff.
This game needs some real brain cracking on some parts of it and a good planning on some moves.
A good example of how this game is like would be Prince of Persia (also an old game I played on Amiga)
Making the perfect jump and hope you will not die by miss placing it.
Believe me if you planned you perfect action by using non weapon and still kill both enemies you feel really good.

Remember the trick with the trowing of stones or hanging down and get up fast so that 2 enemies shoot each other.
No lets hope they will also bring Another World to GBA (yes I know another port) that game was almost the same but I found it way better then Flashback.
laugh.gif

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
I played some sequel called black hole or something like that, it was a game on PSX.
i belive that game on psx is called Fade To Black (also on pc) this was the sequal to Flashback, but Fade To Black was the game that took the series to the 3d world. Is this the same game as the snes? it dont look like it & the snes version is called Flashback: Quest for Idenity not Flashback Legend, maybe theres some difference, a mini sequal or side story? the game is 24MB so since this is beta i think that change later on to 32MB so it looks like in nearly playable to the end (maybe the other langageus will cut it to 32MB?)

tonyrayo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, i played this on my SegaCD (I think i was one of three people that bought this game for SegaCD too), but it was fun
biggrin.gif

WillRitter

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Firts was Another World then Flashback and
finally Fade To The Black.
I have old amiga and pc version of this games
and gba "Flashback Legends" not identical
port of original Flashback(amiga/pc).On gba
is new intro and level is a little different but
gist is same

mikochu

Trophies
Website
www.mikochu.com
XP
Country
United States
OH SHIT! I had this game for Sega CD...it r0x0r'd. I used to play it all the time. I left my ezf-advance's linker at my apartment. I'm on vacation until the 22nd. Oh well, I guess I'll have to play it via emu until I get back...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo