PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I remember the original flashback on PC, it came out in like 1994, it was the best platformer devised by man. Great game and cool story! It's a classic but i don't know of this Flashback Legends, they should have just ported the original over, that would have been so cool!

werwe

Trophies
XP
Country
I've never heard of "another world", but there was a game called "out of this world" that was very similar in style, which preceded flashback on Amiga and SNES. maybe "another" was the name of the euro version or something...?

M

MarcDK

I've never heard of "another world", but there was a game called "out of this world" that was very similar in style, which preceded flashback on Amiga and SNES. maybe "another" was the name of the euro version or something...?
It's the same thing. "Another World" was thge PAL VErsion while "Out of this World" was the NTSC-Version or vice-versa

Grizzly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think all Flashback versions were just the same game. Only music and graphics are always a bit different because of the different systems.

BTW: It seems the game is a very early beta. I can't finish the first level (one platform with a red card on it is too wide from the other side, not possible to jump over
huh.gif
)

R

reefa

Flashback! What a game! This was one of my favourites from back in the day.

Storyline similar to "Total Recall", great game play and some great set pieces.

Can't wait for the final release.

I still have Fade To Black on the PC and play Another World from time to time.

I can't quite remember why Conrad has been captured in Fade To Black but it was a laugh non the less.

BrunyeeUK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WOW! I loved this game, you had some kind of translocator thing that you threw and morphed to it, I played this for hours!

Can't wait for this, I even saw an old megadgrive (or genesis if you prefer) for sale with this game for about £24 (approx 18 us dollars) and nearly bought it I loved it that much.

Hope the GBA does it Justice and hope it's out soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
biggrin.gif

Avalyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I've never heard of "another world", but there was a game called "out of this world" that was very similar in style, which preceded flashback on Amiga and SNES. maybe "another" was the name of the euro version or something...?
It's the same thing. "Another World" was thge PAL VErsion while "Out of this World" was the NTSC-Version or vice-versa
yeah... great game, it used some awesome cell-shaded gfx and was way ahead of it's time...

werwe

Trophies
XP
Country
nntb: out of this world did come before flash back... and the 3d effect was pretty cool to see on the snes. It really made the cinema scenes, as choppy as they were, come to life...

anyhow, for fans of the genre, I believe that blackthorne is also being redone on the gba, though it'll only be a port... don't have a release date off hand...

Roguevader

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I absolutely loved the snes version of this game
I even started to build a fan site dedicated to it and another world a few years back but I never got past making the front page. never mind
This one plays pretty cool too but im not sure I like the gun SFX
by the way if anyone is interested in a level skip type cheat thing for this beta look below

smile.gif

while playing just press L+R+Start+Select to ship to the next level

M

MarcDK

Perhaps you guys can help me finding the rom. Perhaps with a "private message"?
smile.gif

I hope this sentence was ok....
huh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end