Hardware New 3DS XL doesn't want to run from the battery

T0biasCZe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I did some repairing on the 3ds, but it doesn't want to run from the battery now
When I put it in the charger, and plug in the battery, it starts charging it, and I can turn it off, but when I disconnect the power cord, the 3DS turns off...
The battery is not the problem because it does this even with different battery from working New 3DS

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like it's a demo unit 3DS console that requires it to be plugged into a power cable at all times. There doesn't seem to be any solution to this last time I heard about it so you'll probably have to keep an eye out for a replacement working motherboard from a cracked screen 3DS unit.

spitzeqc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When re-assembling, are you sure everything was re-connected properly? Skimming the ifixit teardown, it appears the battery is connected to the button pad, so if that ribbon cable in not installed properly maybe that is the issue?

Admittedly, this is unlikely to be the cause because just pulling the battery out of my 3ds while charging it shuts it down, but if you are certain the battery is good (and charged) and the 3ds was working properly before your repairs, the only issues I can think of would be disassembly/reassembly related

T0biasCZe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yeah if the battery isn't connected it wouldn't turn on in the first place
And the ribbon cable that connects the button pad and motherboard can be connected in only 2 ways, and it works it neither of them

T0biasCZe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I took multimeter and found out that there isnt countinuity on this part. Could it be blown fuse?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took multimeter and found out that there isnt countinuity on this part. Could it be blown fuse?

Looks like so, that is fuse #2

download.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.