Homebrew New 3DS with CFW won't turn on: Blue light simply turns on then back off

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that is the problem, I have tried 2 Sd cards, one fresh out of the package, 2 different micro USB adapters, and 2 different computer ports. I also use these same adapters for my other SD cards including a different 3DS, and have never had any difficult problems. I am starting to think that either the 3DS's micro USB port is damaged somehow, making it hard to read any SD card, or that the root of the problem isn't with the SD card at all
The instructions I linked in my first post eliminates the guesswork of the most common causes of boot failure ranging from incorrect formatting, fake/faulty SD card, and wrong BIN/FIRM payload depending if your system has A9LH or B9S.

Take one of the (tested to be good in H2testw) SD cards, build a basic SD card setup, and use it on your working 3DS system. Install a single (small sized) CIA game and play it to verify that the card does indeed work without problem.

Delete the (test build) Nintendo 3DS folder and use that card on the problematic 3DS. See if HOME Menu boots, install & play that same game, and check if the 3DS crashes.

Other than the SD card, * or as you said 3DS sd slot reader is bad, maybe the files from the 3DS'es main setup has been corrupted or buginess is caused by semi-bricked firmware.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Gabriperi

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's a problem reading the Luma3DS boot.firm, or the boot.firm is not compatible with your setup. Delete boot.firm from the root of your SD card and replace it with 10.0.1 (or redownload 9.1 if you want). If it doesn't work, do it with 7.1. If that doesn't work, do 7.0.5.

If none of that works, reformat your SD card and retry the above steps.
I’ve got the same issue, i think that my microsd stopped working because my pc can’t read it, how can i overcome this problem?

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have hacked 6 N3ds systems so far... & one of them had the exact same problem as yours and after alot of Google time ect.... My actual solution was simple as this.... Where the Mico sd card " clicked" in the slot.. ( even though it looked perfect and sounded as it should) ... By the time I put the back on the 3ds it would turn on then turn off.. A bit like yours... I simply put some tape around the top end of the SD card.... & shoved it slightly hard it... & it's been fine ever since about 2 years... Fingers crossed this does the trick for you too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eduyERGU5xg