zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I looked over the gateway questions stickied but didn't see this question. As of right now you can't go above 9.2 now let's assume gateway will work on the new 3ds but also 9.2 only. If I were to try and transfer my original 3ds over to the new one, I hear you have to connect to the Internet? So would any sort of system transfer force me to update the new 3ds to the most current firmware?

sanin6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've curious about this too. I pre-ordered my "New" 3ds and I wasnt to sure about this.
I saw that there were 3 ways to do a system transfer (3DS to 3DS, Wifi, and SD transfer) it was something like that,
it was in a youtube video of a US version of the New 3DS.
I'm hoping that you wouldnt have to, but knowing Nintendo they might do something like that. lol

KrzyInuYasha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the system transfer is like any other one with Nintendo you are forced to be online and matching firmwares. So your best bet probably is to set every thing up onto an EmuNAND on the 3DS XL, unlink the sysnand (format it from the system menu) then update the emunand to 9.4 which will let you get online and should let you do the system transfer. This is just speculation on my part but I have done all the above but the system transfer which I can't do until I get my N3DS.

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
As far as I know, only method is via Wi-Fi, so the first thing your 3DS would require is to update to the latest FW.
This seems logical to me, I didn't actualy tried it yet, will buy N3DS on 13th.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ;)

EDIT: @KrzyInuYasha :
If that method works, I would presume your N3DS would also need the 9.4FW.

KrzyInuYasha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, both systems will have to be on the latest FW Nintendo has. Hence why if you have 9.2 XL you will want to look into doing the GW downgrade and setting up an emuNAND with your NNID linked so you can update it to 9.4 and have online access. I my self followed the guides that you can find on this forum and used the emunand tool to copy the origianl 9.2 sysNAND image the downgrader made to my emuNAND SD and updated it to 9.4 with no issues.

I have basically I have done every thing but the actual transfer cause like most I'm waiting for the 13th and my N3DS to ship.

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to initiate a system transfer, without updating anything. I called Nintendo, and told them that I had sold my old 3DS (I hadn't) and that I needed a system transfer done manually. They asked for my new console's serial number, and told me they could only do a system transfer if I traded the old console in to somewhere like EB Games (Gamestop), and had a receipt to prove it. As I hadn't actually sold my old console at all, I had to photoshop an old EB Games receipt that I had lying around. I emailed it to them, and the day after, I received a call to tell me the transfer had been completed. My old console is still on 9.2.0, and my New 3DS is on 9.0.0, and ready to have my NNID linked to it the moment Gateway releases the update with EmuNAND.

zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks like we have a possible solution for keeping the current 3ds gateway compatible. But my main concern was keeping the new 3ds on it's stock firmware while being able to transfer all purchases and saves over. I guess it isn't possible with the way you are forced to connect to the net.

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like we have a possible solution for keeping the current 3ds gateway compatible. But my main concern was keeping the new 3ds on it's stock firmware while being able to transfer all purchases and saves over. I guess it isn't possible with the way you are forced to connect to the net.

You'd then link the NNID with the EmuNAND on the new console and redownload all of your purchases on that. Although that's not much help for the N3DS until we actually get the Gateway update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night