ROM Hack new 3ds.guide tutorial not as good as it used to be need help please

comp1demon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They really changed the 3ds.guide site. It is way different than it was. instead of hourglass9 they now have Godmode9 and such.. Also the stops don't seem to be as explanatory as the older tutorial.
I was able to mod a few 3ds's for me and the kids. Was doing one today and the notice the tutoral is SUPER different now. NO where near as explanitory and step by step as it used to be. Also they changed programs so my folder I had for modding will still work, but the older tutorial I used to follow is no longer on the site and I do not know it by heart. SO I tried to new way posted and I am stuck...

Anyways.. I installed 2.10 I booted into 2.10. did the 2xrsa.3ds.guide and it installed arm9loaderhax and I then booted into configure luma.. Set everything and pressed start to save.

Failed to mount CTRNAND - which I got all the time on the older tutorial. Moved on to booting into Godmode 9 by booting holding start.. and I still get Failed to mount CTRNAND. Stuck here.. Any Ideas?

Can't seem to move past here.

Perhaps something is wrong with prep work?

Anyone have any ideas?

Amaan2003

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Press (Start) to save and reboot
  • If you get a black screen, just continue to the next section
  • If you get a “Failed to mount CTRNAND” error, just continue to the next section
This is straight from the guide...

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Did it today for my GF 3DS, it worked fine. I just read and followed exactly what it said. So I say it's perfectly fine.
All info about the message you got is in the guide as well.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
The guide is essentially exactly the same. It just now uses SafeCTRTransfer instead of Decrypt9 for performing a CTR transfer. So, I'm failing to see the problem. You only need Godmode9 to put Luma on your NAND for booting without an SD, which has always existed.

Last edited by Joom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu