Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry the 10 chips theory is a little silly but i mean something along those lines... here's a picture of the inside of the 'King 3DS' which seemed to be beaten to the punch in it's announcement of the exact same product so make your own conclusions about the internals.

k3ds-world-1st-2in1-3dsds-modes-3ds-game-card.jpg

I don't know anything about hardware as i said but isn't it possible to blow a fuse to prevent further flashing of some kind of writeable chip? And the 3DS requires it to be read only, prehaps it actually attempts to check this, meaning a read-only chip would be the only way to play a game 1:1.

The Ace3DS is kinda relevant because it is technically a bootleg of a game, they didn't buy up copies of the game and use them in their cart right? So they were playing a game in 3DS mode 1:1 just a single one. With a hardware switch then all that's needed is a way to make the user able to pick their own games - which was probably the problem they had for ages since Crown3DS and whoever else was working on this.

Writes could easily be blocked by the FPGA.

I'm not sure if this has been speculated about before as 40 pages were added since I last read. I am thinking that the 10 games burned to the cart might just be the headers, icons, banners, and possibly saves. It doesn't make sense, though, as to why it would be write-once memory unless for some reason ignoring writes and spoofing legit ROM chips would trigger further access to fail. Anyways, I doubt there would be enough embedded storage on the cart to store games with and only using the microSD for writing the games/updating.

It looks hand-made...

Hand-soldered but definitely not hand-made.

Reactions: octopus

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The Ace3DS is kinda relevant because it is technically a bootleg of a game, they didn't buy up copies of the game and use them in their cart right? So they were playing a game in 3DS mode 1:1 just a single one. With a hardware switch then all that's needed is a way to make the user able to pick their own games - which was probably the problem they had for ages since Crown3DS and whoever else was working on this.
from what i read thats most likely exactly what they did.....notice how the "one game" was a crappy old sports title, they probably bought the games for pennies and the misleading card specs allow them to add a extra like $30 on the price of the card.........they probably only made a small batch of them as they knew it was never going to last long before people got onto the scam, if you really could make a 1:1 clone you certainly wouldn't pick a old sports game and you wouldn't shout about it you would just go into the sideline of fake games and you could sell them at full retail game prices if you made them look real enough and it would probably quite a while before people discovered fake 3ds games where a thing

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
If everyone who does decide to waste money on something like this, let's hope they are at least smart enough to wait till Smealum releases his exploit and reveals the game that uses it.

Since 1 of the 10 games they put on these cards should be that game. That way, they can at least run some form of limited homebrew with their piracy only flashcart. :P

Aman27deep

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
India
I was about to buy the 3DS XL plus Gateway a month back but I didn't because of the new 3DS and how it's better in every way. Back then I thought I'll see after one of two years what's the scene and decide.

I am a patient man, and will wait three to six months before deciding what to do with this. I'm really interested in it because of new 3ds support.

I'm sure the Chinese will make clones very soon, and you'll see similar carts with 15-20$ price range soon and perhaps with 20 or more game caps.

Singapura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered one at GeekYa and they confirmed shipping already. Not sure about the 10 game limit but I'm sure there will be a way to delete the games and put others on there. It's worth the gamble.

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I ordered one at GeekYa and they confirmed shipping already. Not sure about the 10 game limit but I'm sure there will be a way to delete the games and put others on there. It's worth the gamble.

Order my butt with your 1 post account. Lately there are too many advertising account allowed into this forum.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah ordered one too and got a lucky cookie saying : go f... yourself :)

Mefisteso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh my...guy who soldered that chip above had a lot of stress, as he was probably so angry, he had to melt pcb all over the place.

If that's the real photo, it literally begs for releasing a DIY version.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's a demonstration pic of the MT-card back when it was first released.

Oh my...guy who soldered that chip above had a lot of stress, as he was probably so angry, he had to melt pcb all over the place.

If that's the real photo, it literally begs for releasing a DIY version.

wikili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, GeekYa semms to be scammers because Sky3DS' official website say the card isn't in sale before 1~2 weeks ;)

D

Deleted-355425

So, GeekYa semms to be scammers because Sky3DS' official website say the card isn't in sale before 1~2 weeks ;)

there are more then one company with this card, sky3ds dont own it. they just have rights to sell it.

Arique

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I want to purchase this, but I really don't want to end up buying another Sky3DS card if I play through the games that I put on my SD card, especially if they end up pricing the cart at $50 or more. Should I hold out on buying a Sky3DS cart until a hack comes around that allows me to change the roms on my SD Card at any time?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to purchase this, but I really don't want to end up buying another Sky3DS card if I play through the games that I put on my SD card, especially if they end up pricing the cart at $50 or more. Should I hold out on buying a Sky3DS cart until a hack comes around that allows me to change the roms on my SD Card at any time?

just don't buy it, if nobody buys it, they will have to rethink their retarded DRM scheme business model, or wait for a clone with no restrictions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii