Gaming New 3DS Enhanced Games Talk

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let's hope devs can make use of the extra ram on the New 3DS for various homebrew emulators this would give some users a reason to upgrade to the New 3DS and give a bit more meaning to the word enhanced on the New 3DS.

At the same time I also hope Nintendo rethinks and develops a official GBA virtual console working on the New 3DS's upgraded hardware.

MyJoyConRunsHot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Memory_layout#FCRAM_memory-regions_layout

EDIT: Checked the factory 3DS, it just happens to be in 96MB mode. This doesn't mean all games use that mode.

I think its a given that on any game console, some games wont use the entire usable RAM if they don't need it. I don't think Picross 3D or Cube Ninja needs 96MB to run, simply because they don't need it. Hence why there is also a 32MB mode, certain games only require that. The factory 3DS provides evidence that the OS uses no more than 32MB, if 64MB for games is the default setting, it may only be like that for when games either aren't running, or for certain games that don't require higher amounts. The remaining 32MB in the second module is "dead weight" until a game needs it and switches to a higher mode. Unlikely that OS features would be cut based on a game taking up "dead" RAM. Monster hunter 4U and Kid Icarus have been confirmed to use higher modes, but no OS features have been cut, proving SSB4 is another issue likely to do with CPU.

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Sunshine might be possible but Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, ergh...NO!!! That's never going to happen, lets be realistic, Wii Games on a 3DS handheld that has had a bit of a tweak here and there! Mind you if they did do Mario Sunshine I would be sold on a New 3DS for sure, shame we didn't know 100% for sure though???
Twilight Princess was originally a Gamecube game that got ported (and flipped along the y-axis) to the Wii. If PS2 games like Metal Gear Solid 3 and Tales of the Abyss can be ported to the O3DS, then surely it shouldn't be too difficult for Nintendo to port Gamecube games to the N3DS. Plus unlike Konami and Namco, this would have all of the technical advantages that come from being first-party development and porting. I don't see any reason why Nintendo would be unable to pull it off. We already have a Wii game ported to O3DS and another on the way for the N3DS. If we can see games from the generation BEFORE (Star Fox 64, LoZ: OoT) and generation AFTER (DKCR) the Gamecube ported to the 3DS, it's highly likely that Gamecube games can be ported to the 3DS.

Reactions: Margen67

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo has stated old 3DS games played on the New 3DS will not be enhanced and they do not plan on patching old games to take advantage of the upgraded hardware on the New 3DS however I think Nintendo is only speaking on 1st party titles and not for 3rd party developers.

If true then some 3rd party developers may look into releasing update patches and DLC that is meant only for the New 3DS to enhance titles already released on the 3DS, a good example would be Super Street Fighter IV 3D which could potentially get Ultra Street Fighter IV 3D update as paid DLC on the New 3DS instead of having to make a new enhanced retail edition of an old title for the New 3DS if they choose to do so.

Just a thought...

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nintendo has stated old 3DS games played on the New 3DS will not be enhanced and they do not plan on patching old games to take advantage of the upgraded hardware on the New 3DS however I think Nintendo is only speaking on 1st party titles and not for 3rd party developers.

If true then some 3rd party developers may look into releasing update patches and DLC that is meant only for the New 3DS to enhance titles already released on the 3DS, a good example would be Super Street Fighter IV 3D which could potentially get Ultra Street Fighter IV 3D update as paid DLC on the New 3DS instead of having to make a new enhanced retail edition of an old title for the New 3DS if they choose to do so.

Just a thought...

I doubt this will ever happen.
It will be smarter to release a DLC that bring the "ultra" to every DS and not just the New one. Bigger user base = more money, plus less work for them.
In my opinion the new 3ds will just be gimmick with a couple of esclusive.
It doesn't even make any sense to me, causing fragmentation to a platform when the main point of a console is to have "standard".
A proper 3ds successor should be presented in like 2 years (according to the past gameboy lifespan)...but only time will tell.
Or I'm wrong, great titles will be n3ds only, great enhanced game will be released, no proper successor will be announced and I will buy one too.
Meanwhile I'll wait.

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt this will ever happen.
It will be smarter to release a DLC that bring the "ultra" to every DS and not just the New one. Bigger user base = more money, plus less work for them.
In my opinion the new 3ds will just be gimmick with a couple of esclusive.
It doesn't even make any sense to me, causing fragmentation to a platform when the main point of a console is to have "standard".
A proper 3ds successor should be presented in like 2 years (according to the past gameboy lifespan)...but only time will tell.
Or I'm wrong, great titles will be n3ds only, great enhanced game will be released, no proper successor will be announced and I will buy one too.
Meanwhile I'll wait.

I doubt it will ever happen too but speaking from a hardware standpoint the old 3DS is not likely capable of an Ultra Street Fighter IV DLC and asking New 3DS users to buy an almost 3 year old title may not be that easy something needs convincing like New 3DS only Ultra DLC since it's likely capable on the New 3DS's hardware.

It's not like as if Capcom is releasing a who new Street Fighter series on the New 3DS and shafting old 3DS users it's just DLC with more some new characters and balancing, the original game still needs to be purchased for the DLC to work; anyhow this was just an example.

I don't know where you get you info from but IMHO the New 3DS is likely going to be supported for at least 3 more years until Nintendo releases a new handheld to replace the 3DS family but I don't blame you for thinking like so if you already own an old 3DS.

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well the DS was supported for years after the 3DS launched, and so will the 3DS there is no doubt about it.
I just don't think you will ever see a good support to his potential, not more than what is needed to make the update look worthy, like a couple of esclusive.

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People have upgraded for many worst reasons on other consoles.

For example: Sixaxis to Dual Shock 3, Xbox 360 Controller to Xbox 360 with Transforming D-Pad, PS3 to PS3 Slim (smaller, consumes less power), Xbox 360 to Xbox 360 Slim (smaller, consumes less power and fix RROD which should have not happened to older 360's to begin with) etc...

But I get it, this a Nintendo thread and a handheld thread too which is mainly targeted towards a younger audience.

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well you know everyone is free to spend his money, I've no problem with that. I still don't foresee many exclusive or many enhanced version of games coming so no reason to upgrade here.
I wish my english was better so I can explain why I make those assumption, I have an economics degree for what is worth, and it usually help me to make better choice as some corporate business are usually run in a know pattern.
I can obviously still be wrong and anyone is free to think different.
have a nice day man.

Reactions: cearp

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
i doubt nintendo will release anything like sunshine exclusively to the n3ds.

they will make way more money selling it to everyone who owns a 3ds.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that the ice climbers will be available as dlc for super smash on both the 3ds and Wii u, but due to the technical limitations of the original 3ds, they will only be available for the 3ds if you're using a new 3ds. This will be a way to keep the rosters the same on both hardware all the while overcoming the limitations that the original 3ds hardware poses.

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty good article on New 3DS enhanced games topic from a developers perspective:

http://nintendoeverything.com/devel...nd-nintendos-hardware-iterations/#more-182821

Seems like a lot of developers are going to take advantage of the New 3DS upgraded hardware to bring a enhanced experience to New 3DS owner's one way or another either in the form of Amiibo support, better performance (frames with 3D on or off), slightly better graphics or alternative controls via the c-stick and z buttons.

And like already discussed on this thread pretty much all New 3DS enhanced games will be backwards compatible with the old 3DS and should pretty much look and play identically unless put side by side for the sake of comparison with the exception of exclusive New 3DS titles which are probably only going to be more than a handful of exclusive games.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
People have upgraded for many worst reasons on other consoles.

For example: Sixaxis to Dual Shock 3, Xbox 360 Controller to Xbox 360 with Transforming D-Pad, PS3 to PS3 Slim (smaller, consumes less power), Xbox 360 to Xbox 360 Slim (smaller, consumes less power and fix RROD which should have not happened to older 360's to begin with) etc...

But I get it, this a Nintendo thread and a handheld thread too which is mainly targeted towards a younger audience.
Common misconception. Nintendo has a target audience of EVERYONE.

The idea that Nintendo and it's consoles are meant for those of a younger aged spawned from the community. A truly ignorant statement if anything.

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Common misconception. Nintendo has a target audience of EVERYONE.

The idea that Nintendo and it's consoles are meant for those of a younger aged spawned from the community. A truly ignorant statement if anything.

Misconception or not there's lots of truth to it if not the whole thing being all true either wise there would be no such thing as stereotypes in this world but it does not mean it applies to everyone.

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New leaks for upcoming Nintendo Direct enhanced New 3DS Games and others, source: http://i.4cdn.org/v/1420557589717.jpg

YouTube video commentary:

Judging by the games lineup revealed which are very realistically possible, this leak is much more believable than the Sunshine and Twilight Princess leak although I have to admit I secretly wished Twilight Princess on the 3DS was real.

Spoilers:

Metroid 3D, supposedly cancelled but might have been picked up again maybe due the New 3DS selling very well, has word 'TEMP' bracketed possibly delayed or might now see the light of day.

Bayonetta spinoff for the New 3DS possibly (probably enhanced) starring Jeanne, which is highly believable since Platinum Games just recently teased upcoming reveal related to Bayonetta (original source on Nintendo Life or Nintendo Everything) and everyone just assumed it was Wii U related myself included.

Okami port and exclusive for the New 3DS, wow I was wishing for this and it might come true!

Last Story port and exclusive for the New 3DS, I was just talking about this game and Mistwalker a few pages back on this very thread and from the leaks it might also be true...

Warning:

Take the above source link, YouTube video and spoiler comments with a grain of salt...

MyJoyConRunsHot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can somebody who has dealed with booting games into certain RAM modes confirm which ones use what RAM mode? Does KI:U, RE:R, Ironfall and such use more than 64MB? Isn't the OS bottleneck with SSB coming from the game using more CPU power than what is normally allowed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and normal grapes