uMMo001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello.

3 day ago I bought New 3DS. Everything is good, expect one thing - camera. Everytime when I wanted to open camera (L+R in home), system says error has occured, restart. Same when tried open ar cards game or settings of outer cameras. Even stable 3d doesnt detect my face. Thought its firmware problem, so I just downgraded - nothing changed. Installed Luma with b9stool but again, errors, but now, with more informations. Somone can tell me whats goin on and how to fix that?

Outer Cameras in settings --->

An Error occurred (ErrDisp)

Error Type: generic

Process ID: 67115840

Adress: 0x00000cfa
Error code: 0x000000cf

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like the camera is broken, man. Can you use its inner camera at all? And is it only with the L+R command or does it also do it with the actual camera app? I had a broken camera on one of my 3DS, and for some reason the back one was black but the front could still take pictures. Hope you can find help for your problem.

uMMo001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Happens with every app that uses camera. I dont know how to check inner camera but stable 3d doesent detect my face, so it seems both cameras dont work at all.

uMMo001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thing is, hard to find any solution in internet. I dont know what to do. If somone who know, would say that the problem is broken camera, I can buy a new one and replace, but hey, even so, could it be defect of 2 cameras at once?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dartz150, late reply. I did not receive a notification.

@uMMo001, your Process ID: 67115840 error seems to be related to Luma3DS v10.0.1.
Replace the sdmc:/boot.firm with the older Luma3DS v9.1.

Your camera failure to launch reminds me of this o2DS,
It was later determined the faulty camera was actually in fact due to a badly damaged 3DS firmware.

See if this can be fixed with CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer.

Lastly, your n3DS is capable of booting to HOME Menu despite none of the camera functions working correctly.

While I don't believe this is the "blacks screens of death with HOME Menu sound and screens only work in Recover Mode"-type brick,
You can try replacing the n3DS camera module.

Reactions: DSoryu

uMMo001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oke, gonna try everything you said but how about outer cameras? If I will replace inner one, outers will work too? Is it like, if first is damaged, second wont even startup?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oke, gonna try everything you said but how about outer cameras? If I will replace inner one, outers will work too? Is it like, if first is damaged, second wont even startup?
Focus on software solutions first before moving onto replacing the camera module.

The Inner and outer cameras are part of a single module.

uMMo001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, way with replacing luma boot file is not working. But error has changed so here it is:

Process ID: 39
Process name: mset
Process Ttitle ID: 0x000400100002200

Adress: 0x002155f0
Error code: 0xf9605002

And about CTRtransfer I can say I've tried this method but with adrifcastr's tutorial (cant sent link, just google adrifcastr ctrtransfer ;p) and results were unexpected for me. I mean, I could use my 3ds and play with it but whenever Ive tried enter settings to check version of firmware, 3ds crashes. And even after downgrade, L+R in menu werent work, games like ar cards too, so it looks like downgrading is usless. Or should I try again? If so, what version should I install? Im on the last one, 11.10.0.43E.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, way with replacing luma boot file is not working. But error has changed so here it is:

Process ID: 39
Process name: mset
Process Ttitle ID: 0x000400100002200

Adress: 0x002155f0
Error code: 0xf9605002

And about CTRtransfer I can say I've tried this method but with adrifcastr's tutorial (cant sent link, just google adrifcastr ctrtransfer ;p) and results were unexpected for me. I mean, I could use my 3ds and play with it but whenever Ive tried enter settings to check version of firmware, 3ds crashes. And even after downgrade, L+R in menu werent work, games like ar cards too, so it looks like downgrading is usless. Or should I try again? If so, what version should I install? Im on the last one, 11.10.0.43E.

This website?

3Down 3DS CTRNAND Downgrade
https://adrifcastr.github.io/3Down/

Do you have a backup of your SysNAND *.bin image before downgrading with Decrypt9WIP CTRTransfer?
While Decrypt9WIP works great for certain brick scenarios, that program doesn't restore certain console unique NAND files.

The CTRTransfer (Type D9) I linked to you is not exactly the same as Decrypt9WIP CTRTransfer.

You'll need to hex view check if your n3DS is using its own original HWCAL0.DAt, HWCAL1.DAt, and SecureInfo_A (or _B) because using dummy or foreign copies from another 3DS system can negatively alter the behavior of your n3DS.

essential-files-diagram-png.169656

See if you have backup copies to fall back on.

uMMo001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Exactly, that site u send.

And no, I dont have a backup of sysnand. Thought I dont need if I did system update to lastest.

Oke then, I will try your ctrtransfer and see what happen.

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

3 day ago I bought New 3DS. Everything is good, expect one thing - camera. Everytime when I wanted to open camera (L+R in home), system says error has occured, restart. Same when tried open ar cards game or settings of outer cameras. Even stable 3d doesnt detect my face. Thought its firmware problem, so I just downgraded - nothing changed. Installed Luma with b9stool but again, errors, but now, with more informations. Somone can tell me whats goin on and how to fix that?

An Error occurred (ErrDisp)

Process ID: 67115840

Adress: 0x00000cfa
Error code: 0x000000cf
does your ds mode work

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TurdPooCharger

There are no good news. Nothing has changed, and I did everything you said.

@CodyWGamer

Yes, it works.
Sorry, late reply. There's a hurricane heading towards Florida, so people here are a bit frantic.

There is one last check to suss out if this a software bug.

1. In GodMode9, go into the [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND. Hold (R)-shoulder and press (X) on data folder and rename it to data2.
  • :!:Do not delete this folder as this contain your user profile and settings.

2. Press (START) to boot the n3DS. (Try to) create a dummy user profile.
  • If you can't complete this, skip to step 4.

3. See if the (L)+(R) shoulders combo to launch camera applet, Nintendo 3DS Camera, and System Settings → Other Settings → [ 3D Screen Check | Super-Stable 3D | Outer Cameras ] allows for working inner and outer cameras.

4. Go back to GodMode9. Delete the (dummy) data folder with the (X) button. Rename the (real) data2 back to data.

Outcome (A)
If the cameras work in step 3, you have corrupt extdata and/or sysdata that's crashing the 3DS firmware whenever camera is used.
Outcome (B)
If you could not create the dummy user profile in step 2 -or- camera applications still crashed in step 3, you have some sort of hardware failure with the prime suspect being the camera module.
  • See post #6 about where to buy a replacement camera part and disassembly tutorial.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended