New 3DS button size: XL vs. Non-XL

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Myria, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Myria
    OP

Myria GBAtemp Fan

Jul 24, 2014
    United States
    Are the ABXY buttons on a New 3DS LL/XL the same as on New 3DS? If they are, I'd love to get a broken New 3DS so that I could put the fully-colored buttons into my New 3DS XL. They're much better than the ones with the coloring on just the letters.

2. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    yes i think that would be nice to know too, i'll get the normal sized one just for the buttons i think :)

3. Nemix77

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    I don't think they are the same size given this is from YouTube and review sites online but I can't confirm myself however if they are the same size these button replacements will show up on eBay eventually in which case I'd probably look into modding them too myself.

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    button replacements never really came for 3ds, only full replacement housing - at least from what i saw on ebay. i would expect n3ds to be the same.
    not like psp where there was a huge variety of replacement housing, buttons, etc etc :) even dualshock 3 controllers, lots of buttons etc for them.

Nemix77 likes this.
  5. Nemix77

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    I stand corrected, good to know. I'm cool with the default buttons on the New 3DS XL however if I has choice I'd definitely go for the colorful buttons on the non XL standard model.

6. Derverd

Derverd GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2014
    Mars?

8:35

The abxy buttons are a little bit bigger on the xl.

You could always 3d print some or something which is what I plan on doing eventually.

cearp likes this.