aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

Was wondering if someone can explain or help me out with this issue?

As the title states I have a new 2ds xl that works and functions fine except for one minor issue.

The blue light does not turn on at all even while turning on etc.

The wifi light works and the charging light works. Even the red low battery light works (which is in the same location as blue light).

Thanks in advance

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I think with most of the 3DS consoles the LED for power is actually 2 in one package with 3 pins. One for red and one for blue. Did you run it until the battery was low? If the "red" part of the LED works then likely broken solder point for the the "blue" side of the LED part. If no red, then yeah dead LED. It's a tiny SMD mounted LED too so good luck replacing it if you have no experience soldering things. Probably not worth attempting to fix in that case. :P

Insomniac8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think with most of the 3DS consoles the LED for power is actually 2 in one package with 3 pins. One for red and one for blue. Did you run it until the battery was low? If the "red" part of the LED works then likely broken solder point for the the "blue" side of the LED part. If no red, then yeah dead LED. It's a tiny SMD mounted LED too so good luck replacing it if you have no experience soldering things. Probably not worth attempting to fix in that case. :P
In the 2DS XL, it has two separate LEDs sharing the same light pipe, so they are at least normal LED's.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
In the 2DS XL, it has two separate LEDs sharing the same light pipe, so they are at least normal LED's.
lol I'm not sure if they cheaped out or just was lazy with the design because I'm not sure if a 3 pin multi color LED part would be more expensive then having 2 seperate LEDs.... :P

I guess in his case the battery low LED would most likely still be working then since they are separate and not sharing the same casing and what not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill