Hardware New 2ds XL battery upgrade

Angrynerds100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently picked up a 2ds XL because my 3ds had been broken for quite some time, and I had a bunch of games that I couldn't do anything with. I somewhat regret it because of the poor speakers and battery life. While the speaker problem can be circumvented with headphones, I've looked and nobody has released an upgraded battery for the New 2ds XL. I've seen batteries for the original 3ds and 2ds but not anything else. While I have heard that the battery in the New 2ds XL is the same as the original 3ds, the larger batteries are also larger in size, thus they have replacement back panels, meaning that they're probably incompatible with the 2ds XL, though I haven't tried it. Does anybody know of a replacement higher capacity battery for the 2ds XL?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

BobbySwanson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no aftermarket, larger capacity, drop-in replacement battery for the n2DSXL because it's housed internally and has limited chassis space.
Are not all CTR-003 batteries the same size? I saw a 2000 mAh CTR-003 battery that I assumed would fit since the New 2DS XL uses the same kind of battery.

XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently picked up a 2ds XL because my 3ds had been broken for quite some time, and I had a bunch of games that I couldn't do anything with. I somewhat regret it because of the poor speakers and battery life. While the speaker problem can be circumvented with headphones, I've looked and nobody has released an upgraded battery for the New 2ds XL. I've seen batteries for the original 3ds and 2ds but not anything else. While I have heard that the battery in the New 2ds XL is the same as the original 3ds, the larger batteries are also larger in size, thus they have replacement back panels, meaning that they're probably incompatible with the 2ds XL, though I haven't tried it. Does anybody know of a replacement higher capacity battery for the 2ds XL?
You could get a charging grip, which also helps if you have bigger hands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress