New: 1489 - Mario Vs Donkey Kong (U)

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
The one i got is working 100% so far on my F2A 256... no patching, multi-boot menu in use (this and sonic 3 on the cart) and i'm not using pogo shell. This is a pretty good little game. Gonna keep me occupied for a little while.

Geert_Bukkems

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I got this to work on my f2au 1g cart by using 512kbit Flash patcher 1.1 from http://haggar.emuunlim.com/fix/. Also make sure to install the Borland Builder dll files at the top of the website. Hope this works for all the people having saving problems
smile.gif
Thank you!
laugh.gif

It works!
But now, the game stops after the every bonus game
dry.gif

EDIT: Ok, seems I had a corrupt one
biggrin.gif
Which hex value did you use? (in the fix from Haggar)

Airwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
OK, I have tested the game on a F2A 256 card

A) Not using Pogoshell. Worked perfectly. No crash and saves properly

B) Using Pogoshell 2.0 beta3. Worked only if patched to work with 512K saves. Start only with L+A. Crash in every bonus screen. Saves properly

The CRC of the game used is 25C394D1. It's the right one? Someone posted that he had troubles because used a corrupted download.

So apparently the problem lies when using Pogoshell, if I remember correctly, something similar happened with Super Mario Advance 4. Will it be needed a patch to work with Pogoshell?

DomoFizz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got my copy to work on an XGFlash 256 w/ PogoShell 2.0 beta 3 only after I patched it. I don't have to do the L+A thing and it has never locked up on me during the bonus stage...

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what it is, but I preferred the original.

It's a good game - don't know - there something about it that seems a tad off.
unsure.gif

E

exile

Anyone have any hints on how to get the stars on 2-3 - DK (not counting the mm level)? I can't figure out for the life of me how to get enough points. I beat DK and got the new high score which is all it took to get stars on the other levels I have done including DK in the first world but now for some reason it doesn't give me the star for the second world DK. Any help would be appreciated.

marsanes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the orginal version on Cart, and I have to say, it's better than the remake.

Why?

The graphics, for one. This uses the rendered style graphics of Donkey Kong country. To me, that just looks weird. But beyond that, it's animated too much (too many frames), which seems to make it less responsive.

The levels seems less inspired. The original Donkey Kong GB started off emulating the Donkey Kong arcade game levels. And of course, DK stole Mario's girlfriend. In this, DK steals toys?

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
uzumakinaruto777 links to roms are not allowed... Your best bet is Mirc or the GBA scene links on the front page... You could also buy it...

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We can download games? All this time I've been coding and drawing them myself, using the images here as references to get an idea of how they're supposed to look and play.

Why didn't somebody tell me this sooner?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol