GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Elrinth- If you do like RPGs then you should definitely give this one a shot. True, it's a strategy-RPG type of game and it doesn't involve much action as you'd like. However, I think it's more fun than you'd give it credits for.

You can't really tell if this game will be enjoyable to you or not if you don't play it at all so go ahead and try it out. If you still don't like it then feel free to toss it aside whenever you want.

(Z)

The SAVE creator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
YES all, this is definitly the BEST game on GBA at moment !!!

Please, play the game at START, it's very nice STORY.
MONEY SAVE (210515). Chapter 1, after 3th Fight.
Next step, go to Alterone Castle in Alterone. (Continue)
sf.gif

... lol ... beta ... money only ... real SAVE will be OUTSOON!
Have a nice DAY all.
mfg
(Z)

G

gubby

This is a remake of the original Shining Force game on the Megadrive/Genesis.  
biggrin.gif
I disagree with you. It resembles Genesis Shining Force time frame but its been modified differently (in storylines and different battles). Some of the battles are the same but I find out some of them are different. I would say the GBA version is an upgrade to the Genesis version of Shining Force. Therefore, we are really getting a brand new game not a rehash.

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This is a remake of the original Shining Force game on the Megadrive/Genesis.  
biggrin.gif
I disagree with you. It resembles Genesis Shining Force time frame but its been modified differently (in storylines and different battles). Some of the battles are the same but I find out some of them are different. I would say the GBA version is an upgrade to the Genesis version of Shining Force. Therefore, we are really getting a brand new game not a rehash.
That's what a remake is about. If the game is exactly the same as the original, it would have just been considered as a simple port with some minor adjustments for the GBA.
Just like Sword of Mana, however, Shining Force was remade with old and new features to improve the story and gameplay. It was already a great game back then on the Genesis but they managed to make it even better.
happy.gif

Rife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the AI on this game on the Genesis version was ruthless and brutal. They seem to have dumbed it down a bit; more than once the enemy passes up a chance to take out one of my number in favor of attacking Max, who has high def and full health.

The original version would never have done that, but I hear about increasing difficulty so maybe it'll get better. Some things I am glad to see is Magic Resistance and improved inventory system (earlier version was limited to what your force could personally carry). Still haven't figured out how to use cards. Anyone know if the level limit is still 20? With the ability to replay the game it might be best to promote characters at level 20 for maximum stat gains rather than the 10-15 you were forced to do in the original to keep people alive.

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now, don't quote me on this or nothin', but....

I would bet that the purpose of the cards is to strengthen what's-his-name. You know, the guy that told you about the cards. I would almost imagine he is one of the extra characters added, and his stats/skills are based off of the cards. But as I said, I'm just shootin' in the dark, so I don't know for sure.

sigfried

Trophies
Website
www.dimensions-sega.fr.st
XP
Country
France
The remake is perfect in every way and i love it. Sega really surprises me. For the first time too, the hero has real storyline and is not limited to "bla" or "..." or (shining force 2 "i have a bad feeling about this"). I don't know if some battles are different but i can't wait to see the new faceset for mischaela, my fav bad girl.

edit : i read the whole topic, the battles are not as in fire emblem, sorry, but the battles of fire emblem were inspired of shining force as for the one of golden sun. I remind to all of you that the first time such an engine appear was on genesis during Shining and the darkness, the battle between Dark sol (Melvyl) and his master (Xern) in a cutscene.

RockingDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I missed something, but can you all save on a flash card for this game? Maybe theres a problem with just mine (battery or something) but the save is erased when I pow on/off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY