knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
dude, if this was in english, i'd download it... by the way i know a site to download it. you people never check gba scene links?

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, don't get me wrong here... I'm a big fan of Pokemon (and 16 too, how about that?)... but frankly I wasn't nearly as impressed with Ruby and Sapphire as I was with Gold and Silver... and now they're releasing REMAKES?! What's next, "Pokemon Thunder Yellow"?
dry.gif
 I bought Ruby and only got halfway through it before being bored out of my skull, and I finished the Red version twice over a couple years ago... I guess I'll still try this, but I ain't likely gonna be buying it.
I didnt like Ruby or Sapphire much at all (Gold and Silver were always my favorites) but Fire Red and Leaf Green are the exact same game as the original Red, Blue and Green, just with more features and better graphics. They're just as difficult and just as long if not a little longer). Yep, this is a great game, I cant wait until they decide to remake Gold and Silver
happy.gif

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Why you lot all wanna play this in Japanese?????? Don't you have any pride? Tsssk
Exactly because I have pride I want to play the japanese ORIGINAL one, with all the ORIGINAL names among other ORIGINAL things. Damn you Nintendo of North America for dumbifying almost every Pokemon series name
dry.gif

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yay!!!!! If most of you have played pokemon red and beat it, you should know hot to get around..... P.S. I don't post very much....

M

mechanori

People are always like this with Pokemon games. Either "Pokemon sucks" or "it looks the same as the others." Personally, remakes don't bother me at all. It gives me a chance to replay a game I would never replay.

And its fun!
biggrin.gif

Who cares though, really. With releases being the way they have, at least there's something worth playing. And I can bet you its better than Looney Tunes.

LiQuid!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to be a prepubescent lameass to enjoy Pokemon games. I've been playing them since Red and Blue first came out and I've played every iteration (Red/Blue, Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire). I was a sophomore in highschool at the time. I'm 23 now (as of yesterday, go me!) I still love the series. Since I graduated I don't have as many friends to trade/battle with so that takes some of the fun out of the game but with all the upgrades and additions they've been making to the series there's still a lot of fun to be had.

I'm gonna go ahead and wait for an English version of these games though. Not that the story or dialogue is ever anything to get excited about, I just feel more comfortable playing with the familiar language.
smile.gif

pokpk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EZF2 gives a blue screen of death with some japanese writing - guess I wait for another patch, or the Engrish version.

Thanks Lord Pie - it was good to see what the game is like tho, it seems my anticipation has been a little in vain. I loved R&B so I know I'll like it when I can understand it.

THIS SITE ROCKS !!!

smile.gif

BlazeHedgehog

Trophies
Website
www.blazefire.tk
XP
Country
Once again all the little kiddies find their way out of the woodwork to say Pokemon sucks just so they look like big boys.

This game's awesome. To all the dorks who go "ew" at Pokemon: It's your loss. Gaming is for enjoyment, and if you let your petty feelings get in the way of being entertained, well, good riddance. The less gamers like you, the better.

I only wish more of this game had been changed. So far, it seems to be... Red/Blue.. with more colors and better music. Besides that, it's EXACTLY the same, down to towns and everything.

Although I did hear you get running shoes after beating Brock... I hope there's more new stuff than just that. :

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ugh...finally, been waiting for this one for ages and my net ends up going down during it's release...bah.

Well as regards the comments so far I think anyone who dismisses the franchises for being too "kiddy" is quite frankly an idiot. After all if they ignored every game that appeared to be aimed for the younger audience then they would be missing out on hundreds of great titles.

But yeah about Pokemon Fire Red...downloading it now. I had high hopes for it but after seeing the release screens and from what I've heard so far I'm slightly disapointed. I was hoping for an overhaul of the game but alas it does look like merely a GBA'ised port of the original.

Hmm... oh and the best Pokemon game was definately Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal. Day/Night changes, breeding, the entire original map included with new challenges to boot...loved that game.

Pokemon Red and Blue rocked to...I remember hearing good things about it upon it's Japanese and so got the PAL release of Red as soon as it came out...of course there was no Poke insanity over here at that time so I just took it (as I still do) as being nothing more than a good dam RPG.

smile.gif

BTW this is the first topic I've checked since I've got my net back so I may have missed it but GBA Temp are really slow with the releases...Pokemon Leaf Green has been dumped as well, plus the save fix and a load of other releases to...Prehaps I should post a topic about it?

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...