New: 0954 - Yu-Gi-Oh! Worldwide Edition (E)

neocat

The GbaTemp 1337 Cat of D00M!!
Trophies
Website
www.neocat.2ya.com
XP
Country
*adds another sleeper to her overgrown rom-collection*
same thing here
tongue.gif

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What I'm suprised about though is that the game is a (E) release....Konami have always been shy towards Europe (the only Yu-Gi-Oh games we have are DDS (without cards) and the Forbidden Memories), also the Yu-Gi-Oh cards only came out over here a couple of months a ago. Plus we have some other screwed up Konami related games series' over here to *coughdancingstagecough*. So when did Konami decide to treat us nicely for a change by giving us a good game before a US release?
Ninja cop ist out here, too
smile.gif
, and yes it was in the store the day the game was ripped.

CrazySP

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll tell you why everyone should at least try this game.

1) It's very long-lasting. With all the duelists and tournaments, and the 1086 Cards to collect, You'll never get bored.

2) It's a very easy-to-learn game.

3) Using cheats on this game is really, really funny.
biggrin.gif

So there. Thats why I like Yu-Gi-Oh! and why everyone should give this game a chance.
smile.gif

lutomes

Trophies
Website
www.lutomes.com
XP
Country
The only thing about this game i dont like is the balance issues. Anyone who has played many TCGs would understand this problem. Ive played Magic, Marvel Overpower, Pokemon TCG, and Magi Nation. And this one of the worst balance problems of them all.

All you have to do is build a deck with high powered creatures and you are unstopable. There is no room for strategy with low level creatures.

Any vet of the Magic TCG would know that filling your deck with the most powerful cards would be suicide, because of the increased cost of playing the cards. In this game playing a Basic Insect (500/700) against a Gemini Elf (1900/900) would be impossible to win. In magic there are mechanisims in place to stop powerful creatures being summoned the first turn out.

Anyway you get my drift, Yu-gi-oh is still a good game to play. And the best tcg out on gameboy advance. But in comparison to others it just isnt as well designed.

AnTi-WaR

those who make mistakes blame themselves and close
Trophies
Website
emuxhaven.net
XP
Country
their is more packed into the game than the last 1 more cards diff duelists and lots of extra's but all round i give it a 6/10 not for adding more gameplay to the game.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lutomes- yu-gi-oh is unbalanced but that's what makes it so much more fun. In reality if you have a friend with a reasonable deck the game is pretty much balanced and the battles can have a lot of stragety in them to.

Anyway I have to say Worldwide Edition completely sucks. Konami have screwed up what once was a decent game.

It's not that I mind playing using the same field graphic style for the 3rd time (other 2 being DM6 and EDS) but what annoys me is that Konami have actually made this version worse than it was before....

Firstly you have to recognise the crap translation. Spelling mistakes, some strange grammar construction and very odd words and names even spelt incorrectly (eg. Tea introduces herself using her Japanese name, then on the mpa they use her english name).

Secondly there are some horrible coding mistakes when making this version. Konami try to fit the whole name across the card (even though the full name is above it anyway) but considering how the cards are smaller than the real life counterparts you only end up with about half the name appearing on the card (eg. Dark Magici). Also the points system is screwed up. In DM6 it cost you 500 points to use a password input but now it costs nothing, and yet we know it's a mistake because they've left the actual points counter in.

Thirdly Konami havemessed up the actual card game and rules themselves! Now, completely contradicting with the rules mentioned in the card game booklet, if you attack a monster with an attack the same as the opponents defence when they're in defence mode their monster gets killed (whereas in the rulebook nothing happened as they are equal). This is not the only mistake, in EDS there were loads so I'd suspect that just as many have sneaked their way into this version. Also they have "censored" some of the cards as such. In addition to the ones they also did in EDS for example changing the images on a topless woman and an axe with a skull on, in this version so far I've seen Bakura's DEATH cards (a set of magic and traps which spell the word DEATH and earn you an instant win) get changed to FINAL! Just how fucked up is that!

To ass insult to injury Konami kindly added other bad changes to the game. Now you can't hold B to make the cards setting animations any faster and you have the same crap made up packs like in EDS instead of proper ones.

All this leads me to believe Konami don't employ play testers, which wouldn't surprise me if it was true. Why do Konami have to screw up everything good?

p.s The AI no different from DM6 (ie. pretty easy), ok it's more difficult than EDS but that's not exactly saying much, is it?

AnimeFanHC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well if its anything like DM6 then it'll actually have an "ending"

Now on the subject of yugioh I really wish people would stop trashing the card game like so. I'm personally like Yugioh over M:tG because of the card art... Yugioh's artwork has more of an anime feel.

What annoys me most is the fact that everybody insists that a deck with the "Most powerful card" will be unbeatable... That's total bullsh*t, while I do admit there certain "staples" that would help almost any deck. Anyone who makes such a statement obviously hasn't played the card game long enough. If it angers you so much then play a deck with some kind of theme. I have a deck that's comprised of all monsters that have atk lower then 1500, and it has a somewhat high win ratio *mostly because so many people do play decks with "the most powerful carrds"*

Well enough ranting about that, as for this game itself I have to say I'm very disappointed... I still think DM 6 was better... I don't understand why everybody insist this game is so hard... While the starter decks are full of crap *mine had an Exodia set and 5 high level monsters* The thing to do is obvious... find some low level players to play with and win booster packs to get some cards to adjust the balance of your starter..

In terms of difficulty this is nothing compared to the "cheating AI" of DM6...

Mai no longer does her first turn combo with rising air current

Yugi*from what I've seen* no longer has the first turn kill with the Magnet Warrior combo...

As for the duel point system I don't think it was just left there... it might still be used to determine what boosters you unlock... like in DM 6.

Now I'm going to go off to see what other stupid name they plan to use for the english release of cards... Newt is Slate Warrior and Harpy Lady SB is Cyber Harpy... its a riot.

Oh one last thing for YGO players who finds that the "staples" I mentioned are too expensive and don't plan to play in a UD tournament any time soon... I suggest getting japanese reprints of those cards... I recentlly got a japanese structure deck, Swords of Revealing Light, Raigeki, and Mirror force for less then $10.

Disturbed1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is alot different from eds. For the first thing the ai is improved.......say what you want but i know it is. Also the game has at least somewhat of a storyline (helping random people, you know the stuff
biggrin.gif
). There are also many tournaments to play, and more people to play against. In addition to these factors, konami has added a point system as well (you win you get points, you lose your points go down) which i'm not quite sure what it is for , but I guess you just use it to show friends that you've won more than them
smile.gif
. Yet another extra thing added to this version is that when you lose to a rare hunter they take a card from you (never lost to one of them yet so i'm not really sure , but i was told by a friend so who knows
tongue.gif
) . Last but not least is the map type setup (makes you feel like your doing more than you actually are) . The only bad thing about this game is the different errors (most likely from the translation).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer