Gaming Never leave your USB devices plugged in...

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure its not just my 360 that this would happen to because its just the spring wearing down so listen up. If you leave something plugged in to your 360 front USB's for long periods of time, the door will always stay open from the springs being suppressed for so long. Dunno if this has happened to anyone but just a warning for those who want to know. If you want too close it you have to take off the faceplate and close it shut but it doesn't like to stay so once you snap it all back on it's half open half closed. I really don't like the 360 design at all. It came out a year earlier but seems more like 3.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that's odd, I've had both the camera and a play and charge cable plugged into my system since I purchased it (I have an original launch system) and just took them out and the door sprung shut without any issues whatsoever.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
And that is why there is the back USB port... That's the one I always use. I only use the front one if I use two devices i.e. playing guitar/drums/mic combo for RB.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 360 USB doors are shit they break all the time... i has yet to happen to me but happens to all of my friends. The little piece of plastic that holds the spring always tends to break off. I know this happens to a lot of people, just in my observation over the years.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
There're usually 2 reasons for the USB door flap to "break" and always stay open. The most common one is the tiny lil plastic axil breaking off, as sjones pointed out above. The other, not so common but I have seen it, is when the lil metal spring thing slips off the axil without breaking it. I've once managed to recover the spring that had somehow been jammed into a friend's Xbox USB port, bend it back into shape, then put it back, good as new. Others that I've seen with the problem usually have the broken axil so there's nothing I can do for them.

Why did M$ design the 360 so badly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: There is an actual trailer with footage too. lol. Going to watch it tonight. Grabbed it from...