Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay, let's sum this up.

1. The main character is immortal.
2. The main character can grow lost limbs back.
3. The main character has infinite health.

...why are there any enemies in-game? Or boss fights for that matter? Why didn't the main character kill his demon nemesis right after he was given immortality? Why did his greatest enemy even grant him a superpower that basically grants his oponent victory, sooner or later?

Flawed plot is flawed. Don't give me the "he was suffering all these years, that was the demon's idea", an omnipotent, powerthirst and immortal creature does not grant immortality, especially to its enemies.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw the entire section on this in the pre e3 thing and for me it was the best part of it all (the only thing that I did not skip parts of) and the worst (if that was their best offering.....). I had to chuckle though when they kept trying to tell me it was unique

Never read Silver Surfer Foxi4? Equally there is a fair bit of stuff in the horror genre both old and new with similar themes.

Immortal- all I could think about was the recent Knights contract. Equally with the way most mechanics work in games an effective immortality is even less rare.

Arms and the like as weapons- flashbacks to Stubbs the zombie today.

Also yeah when my ear picks up on bad voice acting you know something is wrong.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm not saying that I've never seen those themes at all, I'm saying that they leave more plot holes than an SMG-wielding trigger-happy swiss in a lump of cheese.

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Foxi4 said:
Okay, let's sum this up.

1. The main character is immortal.
2. The main character can grow lost limbs back.
3. The main character has infinite health.

...why are there any enemies in-game? Or boss fights for that matter? Why didn't the main character kill his demon nemesis right after he was given immortality? Why did his greatest enemy even grant him a superpower that basically grants his oponent victory, sooner or later?

Flawed plot is flawed. Don't give me the "he was suffering all these years, that was the demon's idea", an omnipotent, powerthirst and immortal creature does not grant immortality, especially to its enemies.

Possibility stands that the limb regenerating power is limited, boss fights are time limited in some way, a way to die could be a scenario where you are unable to regenerate limbs and you're unable to reach them thus losing all/most mobility-->good as dead. Just some ideas out the top of my head with the information I got from the Konami E3 recording.

Obviously many people will eventually buy this game just to see what's the idea in making an immortal main charracter, it seems so stupid that it can't be true. So I'd say it's working as intended, that's what they're going for with the game. Intriguing idea indeed.

I myself am very interested in this game. We'll see how well they've thought out the idea of a 1v1 as in Immortal vs Immortal.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1