Netflix is working on a ‘BioShock’ movie adaptation

BioShock-Key-Art.jpg

Yet another video game franchise is getting adapted for the big screen. Partnering with Take-Two Interactive, Netflix will adapt BioShock into a movie "to develop a potential cinematic universe", reports The Hollywood Reporter. Netflix also took to Twitter to share the news:

There is apparently no writer or filmmaker attached to the project at this time, according to THR, but the online outlet mentions that this partnership deal has been in the works for nearly a year.

Do you think BioShock will work well in movie format?

:arrow: SOURCE

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't immediately assume a Netflix original adaptation is going to be bad. But Bioshock worked so well because simply being an interactive medium fed into the story brilliantly. A film adaptation can't have that.

Unless it's an original story about Rapture, like one focussed on Ryan's construction of the city and its early days, that might be worth watching.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't immediately assume a Netflix original adaptation is going to be bad. But Bioshock worked so well because simply being an interactive medium fed into the story brilliantly. A film adaptation can't have that.

Unless it's an original story about Rapture, like one focussed on Ryan's construction of the city and its early days, that might be worth watching.
Netflix these days does more for quantity than quality.

Much as I want to forget NF's terrible Cowboy Bebop I can't.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They cant really fuck it up more than the game devs did.

Second game pretty much felt like the first one recycled and then infinite was like wtf, it like gears of war should have ended while it was good.

What made bioshock good was its theme setting, futuristic retro era.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who is gonna get race swapped this time? Also, Netflix is so god awful nowadays. They keep raising their prices. Funny enough, I actually ditched them after their very first price raise. lol

I would feel gross if I paid for them and supported some of the shit they make.

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
Who is gonna get race swapped this time? Also, Netflix is so god awful nowadays. They keep raising their prices. Funny enough, I actually ditched them after their very first price raise. lol

I would feel gross if I paid for them and supported some of the shit they make.
Read above haha.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will suck, bad! There's SO many aspects that can go wrong very easily.. And with the translation into a "live-action" movie there's only so much they can cram into that 2hr or less time window, a TV show is much better in that regard but it doesn't mean it won't suck either, because of bad writing, direction etc.. And what'll will the show BE ABOUT really, i'm not saying the source material is lacking or anything like that, they need to NAIL the adventure aspect, the surreal landscapes, the gloomy atmosphere, and changing some aspects from the game is necessary for it to be a well balanced execution.. But nah, fuck that, we'll just get another mediocre movie with mediocre writing/acting, cgi filled garbage.

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
"Adaptation" means, most characters changed to black and lesbian. Unless they're black and lesbian of coure - the zenith of humanity.
I mean, as long as we're keeping this in the "fantasy" category, we might as well keep the mythical white boy hero.

Bioshock literally doesn't make any sense as it is, because why would white people want to destroy the white power structure?

I'm not even suggesting changing anything about BS. I'm just amused by the butthurt white boys fearing their mediocre video game gets *worse* when it gets processed by Netflix. And there's nothing worse than a pair of disembodied hands being Black, and attached to a person that touches women, amirite? Lol

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
I mean, as long as we're keeping this in the "fantasy" category, we might as well keep the mythical white boy hero.

Bioshock literally doesn't make any sense as it is, because why would white people want to destroy the white power structure?

I'm not even suggesting changing anything about BS. I'm just amused by the butthurt white boys fearing their mediocre video game gets *worse* when it gets processed by Netflix. And there's nothing worse than a pair of disembodied hands being Black, and attached to a person that touches women, amirite? Lol
Spoiler alert. I am not white. But good rant about "waht folkez". You're not racist at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up