Emulation NesterDS+ source code?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
 Would anyone know where to find the source code for this Famicom emulator, which is actually better than NesDS given its compatibility with more than 120 mappers, including those of obscure chinese and pirated titles.

The goal would be to port it to DSi (SD-slot and TWL++) to take advantage of the more powerful processor and the more ram available, thus obviating its known problems of slow emulation and creaky sound. It will probably, if available, be found on some obscure old japanese site.
Once obtained, to @RocketRobz (or whoever else would like to try his hand at it) the arduous but rewarding task of adapting it to our dear DSi, to our joy and satisfaction. 😃

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's linked on the GameBrew page: https://dlhb.gamebrew.org/dshomebrew/nesterds.7z

I understand it's blocked in your country, have you tried a VPN or something? Or the way I do it when I run into such issues, throw it into https://web.archive.org/ and add any links you access that aren't in the archive yet... At a snail's pace :rofl2:

Edit: My bad, it's NesterDS+ that he's looking for.

Last edited by banjo2,
Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's linked on the GameBrew page: https://dlhb.gamebrew.org/dshomebrew/nesterds.7z

I understand it's blocked in your country, have you tried a VPN or something? Or the way I do it when I run into such issues, throw it into https://web.archive.org/ and add any links you access that aren't in the archive yet... At a snail's pace :rofl2:
Could you kindly download it and post it here as an attachment, if it is not too much trouble? It's not copyrighted material anyway, or am I wrong?
Thanks. 😉

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even this is inaccessible to me. And then I was asking about NesterDS+, newer, more complete, with more nes mappers supported, with sound and ability to save.
What is inaccessible? The link?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only heard of. Never used. I am clumsy in these things. Could you please download it and attach it below?: remember NesterDS+, not NesterDS.
Okay, my bad.
Post automatically merged:

Unfortunately, I don't seem to find it anywhere. The only source code I can find is for the original NesterDS, which I just posted.

The original site doesn't seem to have any links to the source either. :(

Last edited by SylverReZ,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In archive.org placing the year 2016, if it is possible to download the source code. I am sorry for my bad english.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160109134502/http://tallfatman.web.fc2.com/
Nope, sorry. Downloaded every single release.

The source code is not available there.

It seems to not be public at all, which means we only have either the original source code or NesDS to improve upon.
this ^^

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since NesterDS+ is also derived from the source code of NesterDS although with various additional modifications, would it not be possible, by comparing the two, to trace their differences and add them to the only available source code? I don't know if I have explained myself well since I am ignorant of the subject. 😅

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
As far as I remember NesterDS+ sources were never publicly available, unfortunately.

Honestly, I wouldn't fret over this, despite the improvements done to the code, it was running at a barely playable rate for most games, and for the games that did run well enough, the framerate was pretty poor, skipping nearly 3 frames just to keep up with full speed is not very enjoyable to use.

NESDS is by far the better emulator, and actually works quite well for a large amount of games, and most importantly, runs nearly everything at fullspeed, or near fullspeed for the case of few titles that required the Software renderer to display graphics correctly, which came with the cost of slowdowns and frameskipping to compensate the heavier CPU usage.

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As far as I remember NesterDS+ sources were never publicly available, unfortunately.
Too bad!
it was running at a barely playable rate for most games, and for the games that did run well enough, the framerate was pretty poor
The aim would be to port it to DSi to use the better processor and RAM than the DS Phat/Lite, greatly improving its performance. Then the compatible mappers are many more.
NESDS is by far the better emulator, and actually works quite well for a large amount of games...
Someone should update it by adding all the nes mappers that are not working now.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: