Homebrew NesDS with MSDHC: Freeze Up

ZeroPhilosoph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. So I've searched the forum with google, but couldn't find anything responding to my search queries. Maybe I'm just not thinking of the correct search queries, but I was hoping I could get something newer than a 2006 thread on this topic!

I bought a Supercard DSone a couple of weeks ago, and had been using my brother's MicroSD card with it until I bought my own one. It's a 2gb regular MSD, and it worked like a dream. I was able to play Mario Adventure, DarkDaiz' romhack, on it perfectly, and I was really enjoying it.

Bought myself an 8gb MicroSDHC a couple of days ago. It's great, and there's plenty of room on it. Except NesDS has stopped working flawlessly. It still plays most Roms, but freezes up when I try to save state, or load another rom. I've seen this problem mentioned along with MSDHCs before, but I couldn't find any fixes for it, and I'm desperate for a solution that doesn't involve swapping microSDs whenever I want to play a NES game. Besides this, it freezes up the moment I go to start playing Mario Adventure, so that's completely out. Which was sort of the attraction!

Before anyone mentions it, the Supercard is supposed to autopatch all .nds files with a DLDI patch. But I didn't leave this to chance either, and tried patching it myself, and turning off the autopatch feature to see if that worked. Nothing.

Subsidiary query.... For some reason, NDS_TGM loads on my SupercardDS1, but it's just a black screen. The problem was mentioned on the original website of the game, but there was no solution, and that was about six months ago. I know it works on my DS using an R4, so the problem seems specific to the SCDS1. Does anyone know of a solution or a workaround?

ZeroPhilosoph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess it's not all that common a problem. ?

wink.gif

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
oh! Easy
tongue.gif

you must to use the DSTT in your supercard DS one (yes, it's possible).

step 1-> Delete the archive "MSFORSC.NDS" and the folder "schell" (save your skins, if you have)
step 2-> Get this (made by me) http://www.mediafire.com/?nwjnzmnglnw
step 3-> extract all the archives and folders. Send all the archives and folders to you SD

this will start with the Supercard DS one, but you can change to the DSTT by clicking in "TTMENU". Now, with the DSTT open, you can run the emulator without problems
smile.gif

with this, you will have the lastest firmwares for DSTT (V1.7) and Supercard DS one (SP5)

Sorry for the bad english
tongue.gif

[edit] i get this here in the gbatemp, but i did an easier way to run it.[/edit]

devouringone3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot, my nesds started to freeze with save-state menu and new rom loading, and now it wasn't able to enter my nes roms folder... this TTmenu will play nesDS perfectly.

+ I now have some french skin... good thing I'm a native french speaker
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.