kubikill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey,
I have a problem with nesDS. Every time I try to launch it, it ends up with a white screen. Tried to launch by flashcart menu, Homebrew Menu and MoonShell 2 - just white screen.

Using R4i SDHC kernel v.1.74b
nesDS version - 1.3a
SDHC card - Sandisk Mobile Ultra 8GB (class 10), FAT32

Some time ago before I purchased the SDHC card, I used a 2GB SD card with FAT16 file system and nesDS worked. Maybe it's the fault of the SDHC card?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it has nothing to do with sdhc. reformat your card using the panasonic sd formatter, then drop on a clean fresh copy of nesds (not a previously backed-up copy), a clean fresh install of the kernel, and put 1 verified clean rom on your card and try again. the only nesds launch issues i've seen are DLDI related, which happens and poorly supported clone cards such as the one you are using.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
try dldi patching the nesds.nds file with a supported dldi file. make sure do so with a nopatch patcher, so the clone won't try to repatch its dldi file.

you said it worked before but not now. are all other homebrew games, apps, and emulators working? especially those that require dldi?

-another world

kubikill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
VatoLoco
Nothing... white screen.

wlix
I don't have other SD cards.

Another World
Other homebrew works fine... DScraft (FAT version), DScraft 2D, Aperture Science DS, StillAliveDS... Even gbaemu4ds works.
DLDI patched... white screen.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
nesds has always been a bit temperamental. it may have something to do with the fact that its a ported gba homebrew (pocketnes). the official acekard kernel could not load it, while akaio could. i also recall a scds2 issue that at first required you to launch it via a plug-in, as direct booting it failed (if i am recalling that correctly). try some older builds, you should be able to grab some off filetrip.

it doesn't make sense that everything else is working. dldi is working. the msd card is working. just nesds fails. since you reformatted we can't blame corruption. it is possible it is that msd card. when you said you had it working on a 2gb, were you using the same build/same file?

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back