Abstract3000

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ive loaded a bunch of Nes games onto my G6lite and have noticed that when trying to Save either the game itself or a State save, It appears to stay there for awhile then it dissapears, It kind of defeats the purpose of the card I think the built in Emu is PocketNES is there anyway to save my NES games and have them stay there and if not is there a different Emulator to run on the card that will accomplish this?

p.s - When using the menu on the emu and selecting exit it just resets the game is there anyway to get it to go back to the list like I used to do on my Flash2Advance 128? or do i need to compile all the Roms once again through the loader as 1 GBA game and play them that way and in that scenario would the saves be permanent?

thanks

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ive loaded a bunch of Nes games onto my G6lite and have noticed that when trying to Save either the game itself or a State save, It appears to stay there for awhile then it dissapears, It kind of defeats the purpose of the card I think the built in Emu is PocketNES is there anyway to save my NES games and have them stay there and if not is there a different Emulator to run on the card that will accomplish this?
Did you run the .nes files through the U-Disk Manager, or did you just drop them on the cart with Windows Explorer/My Computer? They will run either way(assuming you didn't delete the EMU folder), but the saves won't be written to a file if you don't run them through the U-Disk Manager.

Abstract3000

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That worked thanx, but only problem is all the games appear as PocketNES EDIY so its impossible to tell what is what and ive went through the options and can't find anything to change that any ideas on how i can make them say their names?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That problem is due to the fact that in GBA mode the G6 displays the internal rom name and game code (which just identify the emulator) rather than the filename. The only solution I found was to change the rom name with a tool like the Flash Advance Toolkit, or manually change it with a hex editor (the rom name is 12 characters long, and it starts at decimal offset 160).

Abstract3000

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It worked thanx again, so i guess ill write something up how i did that so other people who may be wondering the same thing on how I did it.

First off I wrote the .nes images to the G6Lite with the U-Disc Manager - it placed them in a folder "GBA" in a .gba extension - If in the Explorer mode; you can see the correct titles of all the games though when in the actual menu the G6 lists them each as PocketNES.

I used 4 roms for testing "Felix The Cat" "The Legend Of Zelda" "Bubble Bobble" "Dragon Warrior III" After writing the .nes files to the G6Lite card via the U-disc manager I open up the storage device via Explorer - navigate to the GBA folder and find wich rom you would like to change you will have the following files for each Rom:

Bubble Bobble (U)
Bubble Bobble (U).0
Bubble Bobble (U).1
Bubble Bobble (U).2
Bubble Bobble (U).gba
Bubble Bobble (U).is0
Bubble Bobble (U).is1
Bubble Bobble (U).is2

Drag and drop all the files into a folder on the Desktop and open up the Flash Advance Toolkit application and browse for input to the selected Rom.

In the "Header and ROM" info sedction click on "Read Header and ROM info" under the Title box "PocketNES" will appear just simply remove the text and type in up to 12 characters description of the Rom. When finished click on "Write Header and ROM info" it will display its ok and done.
Now grab all the files and drag and drop back into the GBA folder on the G6Lite card ovcerwriting the originals via the explorer and your finished.

My main objective was to get the roms to show by actual names and for the saves to work properly after performing this method I did the following steps to make sure the saves were intact and would stay I first changed the header of "Dragon warrior III" and loaded it on the card, created a new log and saved via the game, pulled the cart out followed the same procedure with zelda, after loading zelda on the card went back to make sure the Dragon Warrior save was still there and in fact it was, next in line Felix the cat, this time i used the save state feat built into the emu, checked zelda still working fine, and finally for bubble bobble loaded and did a state save, went back to Felix and was able to load the state just fine - then for kicks went back renamed all games and retested to make sure all the saves were in tact and happily they were! Finally!

Thanx again Destructobot for all your help!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Glad to be of assistance.
smile.gif

Just a few notes:

First, you don't need to copy files around, you can edit the .gba file while it's on the G6.

Second, the only files that are absolutely needed to play a game and have it save are the .gba or .nds file, the .ico file, and the .0 file.

The .1 and .2 files are optional backup saves that can be used by pressing select in the G6 game menu. If you don't use them, they can be deleted to save space.

The .is0, .is1 and .is2 files are for GBA save states, and are only used if you check the "Enable Real Time" option when you run the game through the U-disk manager. They can also be deleted if you don't use them. These files are not used for save states on the emulators, those save states are stored in the .0 file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-