ROM Hack Neon Genesis Evangelion: Ayanami Raising Project DS

BobDavis69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it has anything to do with the console, it's most likely software related. Which flashcart do you have? Do you have official firmware for it?

Here are official firmwares for some of the R4 flashcarts: http://www.r4isdhc.com/r4-download/
There is another game that was released on the PSP at the same time that used the exact same anti piracy method. I am sure it uses the same lockout function, since they made it that way specifically to prevent homebrew software from booting the game up. That new Cart must work in a different way than the old ones for the DS and just trick the game into thinking it is being booted from a native OS without problem.

Reactions: Lycan911

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
8LDDVhd.jpg

FkzEjdx.jpg

Just tested it on my DS Lite too, so it definitely isn't console related.

BobDavis69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8LDDVhd.jpg

FkzEjdx.jpg

Just tested it on my DS Lite too, so it definitely isn't console related.
BTW what Card are you using? I noticed that the last kernel update for my card and the one I can find is about roughly from 2011. I can only play games from around that time period, like HG and diamond, ace attorney trilogy, cod games ect.

However, the new recently released patched NGE game and Black 2(patched) do not work. All the links I find are outdated and I have no idea what to download if I want all the latest games to play.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
BTW what Card are you using? I noticed that the last kernel update for my card and the one I can find is about roughly from 2011. I can only play games from around that time period, like HG and diamond, ace attorney trilogy, cod games ect.

However, the new recently released patched NGE game and Black 2(patched) do not work. All the links I find are outdated and I have no idea what to download if I want all the latest games to play.
R4 Dual Core 2015

BobDavis69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 Dual Core 2015
Can you tell me the website that you bought it from? Is the card reliable? I see reviews where they say that they have problems with the OS when they buy it.

And one last thing: Can you check if Pokemon Black/White and Black/White 2 work for you? If that is the case, my kernel might be outdated or my cart might be inferior

Last edited by BobDavis69,

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you tell me the website that you bought it from? Is the card reliable? I see reviews where they say that they have problems with the OS when they buy it.

And one last thing: Can you check if Pokemon Black/White and Black/White 2 work for you? If that is the case, my kernel might be outdated or my cart might be inferior
I bought the card from a local website that only ships to my country, so that won't be of much help for you. The card is pretty good, runs homebrew, music, videos etc. The rom I'm using is the pre-patched one that the maker of the patch posted on his blog. And yes, Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 work perfectly.

Last edited by Lycan911,

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for another bump, but it seems some were having trouble trying to unlock Asuka so I write up a blog post about it. Though I'll just dump that here.

Noticed some people asking how to unlock Asuka in those Evangelion Blu-Rei threads on /a/ recently, so I thought that I should get off my butt and put out a guide. Though I really should have done this when I released ARP way back last year. Anyhow, there are two options open to players who want to unlock Asuka. I’ll provide both options below so choose your fancy and get to it.

Number 1 - The old fashioned way by fulfilling these specific requirements which in fact pops up with a simple Google search, so I’ll dump that below which is from here.
  • 7/3: Send Rei to school on this day, and you get the ‘Asuka transfer’ event.
  • 11/27-12/1: 'Shinji’s recovery’ event.
  • 12/11: Send Rei to school, and you get the 'Quarrel between husband and wife’ event.
  • 3/29: Rei’s 'Kaworu’ event.
Number 2 - Just simply enter this cheat code using action replay in an emulator. Tested with NO$GBA, the best emulator to play Ayanami Raising Project on.
  • 02121918 0000001F (Unlock Asuka)
Now, if you have any questions or need further instructions, then please do not hesitate to ask. And lastly, here is a document which features all the other cheat codes available for the game, albeit in Japanese since that’s where I found them. Have fun! See ya!

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Any update to minigames and do you find way to export pictures for editing?
This thread hasn't been updated in over a year, and the OP was last online over a year ago too. It's safe to say the project is dead until further notice.

RikuKH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Finally found a solution to getting this to work on an R4. Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but it's the same as getting Pokemon BW2 working on it: "Backup your SD card, then format the SD card with an "allocation unit size" of 8192 bytes, it should fix loading issues on larger roms". Though I'm not ready to actually play it yet, haven't even watched the anime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hey!