ROM Hack Neon Genesis Evangelion: Ayanami Raising Project DS

bobfells

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, that's really the only proper ending that isn't stat based. I really liked it, although I doubt just by sending Kaji's secret info to the UN and the Japanese government would result in the collapse of Seele, found it a little forced.

Ha, good point. One would have thought they were a bit more crafty than that politically considering they seem to operate outside those sorts of channels. They should have had some sort of contingency. Sorta makes SEELE seem like one big paper tiger.

As far as the game is going, are you working on the game show minigame? That has not been translated so far as I could tell.

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, mini game? My bad, I completely forgot about that, haven't played the game since over a month or the last time I recorded some gameplay videos. Although, I'll have a look at it after I finish my next translation I'm working on or sometime soon, so I'll get around to it eventually. About the mini game, all I remember reading about it is that you can unlock some event pics or something like that.

RikuKH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I can't get past the intro animation. There's always just a black screen after that... (the intro is freaking beautiful btw)

Godrapist13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get past the intro animation. There's always just a black screen after that... (the intro is freaking beautiful btw)

Yes, that is the anti piracy on the hardware kicking in, on the emulator it works fine. Can someone please make a AP patch for this? Dying to play it the way it was meant to be, emulators are just not the same

EDIT:

After doing some research, it seems that the psp had another evangelion game with a similar AP protection, released around the same time. More or less, the game wouldn't run on homebrewed hardware, I wonder if that is the case with this DS release as well? Would that mean I need an actual game cart to play it?

Story:
Sony and the software house to pass counterattack. E 'of the news yesterday that the game Evangelion: Jo, for now this only on the Japanese market, is able to recognize the presence of the PSP Custom Firmware that is started. This is done by making a check on the RAM of the console, and whether this is positive, the game will not start. The solution to the problem might be but just around the corner. Like the CF-A 5.02GEN has a feature that allows you to emulate an official firmware, soon also the last 5.50GEN CF will benefit from this option. We will keep you updated when new.

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That kinda sucks, I wish this wasn't a problem. And sorry to say I have no clue on how to fix it, although I guess you could play it on a tablet using an emulator. I know that's not the same thing but you would be able to use a drawing pen and a touch screen. Anyhow, if anyone ever does get around it then let me know.

BobDavis69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, nobody got it working on their flashcart?
The other person said that running it on custom firmware(R4 card for most people, I would imagine) locks up the game. In theory, all you would have to get past that is either trick the game into thinking that is not the case, running the game off the cart somehow, or hacking into the game and changing some values. I'm sure I am not the only one who would like to play this on the go, so how would I go about changing this myself, or where would I look for somebody that could? I am no hacker, if it's changing a few values, so be it, but that's that.

Could someone with actual experience give it a go and see what is going on? It's 2015, I want to try this for obvious reason, the way it was meant to be played.

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, firstly you'd have to figure out what to change exactly. Which is the hard part, because I don't have the slightest clue. Has anyone done it in the past for another game? If so, maybe you should give them a call.

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it works on my Supercard DSTwo. I'd still like to go through all these and fix up the typos, etc.. You thinking of finishing up the minigame?

BobDavis69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it works on my Supercard DSTwo. I'd still like to go through all these and fix up the typos, etc.. You thinking of finishing up the minigame?

How so? No lockups? What kind of software are you using?

I use a R4 i RTS 3ds card with the software that came with it. I have moonshine and YS menu, both do not work. I looked thru the internet, and everybody says something different: How do I know that I have the right software?

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Er... it's a Supercard DSTwo flashcart. Don't need any software, just run it using the DSTwo, with the latest firmware/EOS.

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, my translation was pretty lousy. I made a lot of mistakes and errors. But I'm unsure about the mini game, I'm kinda busy at the moment. I'll have a look at it tomorrow though, and see how much needs to be done.

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, unless you want me to upload multiple GB of text files. I stupidly had pics of the text ingame alongside the text which in turn caused a massive size increase. Anyway, if you want to fix it up you'd probably be better off just editing it directly using crystaltile2.

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, unless you want me to upload multiple GB of text files. I stupidly had pics of the text ingame alongside the text which in turn caused a massive size increase. Anyway, if you want to fix it up you'd probably be better off just editing it directly using crystaltile2.

I may take a swing at this. I just have to figure out how Crystal Tile 2 works. Also, would definitely like to see you try and fix that minigame.

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its very simple for text editing, just load the iso directly with the program and switch the text encoding to Japanese. Then search for the text and edit away, though beware of space limitations, that's also one of the reasons for some typos.

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update
I found the mini-game text and can edit it, so that's all good. But, the thing is the quiz's (and some other stuff) you select from are embedded images. So I'm gonna have to extract and edit them somehow, and that's where I'm stuck. I have no programming knowledge so I need some help here, can anyone put me in contact with someone who would help me out?
L4tL2.png
C8PRC.png
pci2E.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye I am going AMD this gen still debating 7900XT or XTX