Homebrew Emulator NeoGeo Pocket emu for DS

NecroNova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a bit of an issue with Sonic Pocket Adventure on this emulator
Theres a chance that the first boss will despawn offscreen and wont return effectively softlocking the game
Ive come across this issue multiple times and i dont know if its a bug with the game itself or the emulator, but from what ive played this game worked fine on other emulators so im gonna guess its an issue with this emulator
But other than this slight issue the Emulator is actually fine and im surprised since most emulators (That arent new, or the Atari ones) are pretty shallow and such. I think this emulator is great but the issues still need to be tinkered out

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
changing the CPU cycles or whatever that setting was called, and loading a savestate, usually works as a workaround to make it re-appear. At least that worked for me

Reactions: NecroNova

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You plan on adding soft reset to this? I really hate having to power the DS Lite off when I'm done using this. The other emulators you made didn't require me to do this at all.

Reactions: Tarmfot

fmhugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi. How can i change the default palette to black and white? i Used save settings but not work and when a trying to load some neo geo pocket B/W games there is an issue. The game starts with the colors reversed. via Twilight Menu

Aplumpkaboo

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've been trying out games like Crush Roller, Metal Slug 1st Mission and Sonic Pocket Adventure, and it works great! The only issue I'm having is with the bios, which seems to freeze the emulator on "Please Wait, Power On". So far, I've tried a couple of different bios, moved them to different file locations and changed the emulator settings, and they didn't seem to fix anything. Any ideas why this might be? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: fmhugo

FluBBa

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ndsretro.com
XP
Country
Hi. How can i change the default palette to black and white? i Used save settings but not work and when a trying to load some neo geo pocket B/W games there is an issue. The game starts with the colors reversed. via Twilight Menu
Which color do you get? And when you say "some neo geo pocket B/W games" do you mean all games or do you mean a specific game? Are you using DS, DSi or 3DS?
I've been trying out games like Crush Roller, Metal Slug 1st Mission and Sonic Pocket Adventure, and it works great! The only issue I'm having is with the bios, which seems to freeze the emulator on "Please Wait, Power On". So far, I've tried a couple of different bios, moved them to different file locations and changed the emulator settings, and they didn't seem to fix anything. Any ideas why this might be? Thanks in advance.
Is this with the B/W BIOS, is the emulator actually frozen or can you open the menu? Select is the power button on the NGP, if you hold it, does it start?

fmhugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Which color do you get? And when you say "some neo geo pocket B/W games" do you mean all games or do you mean a specific game? Are you using DS, DSi or 3DS?

Is this with the B/W BIOS, is the emulator actually frozen or can you open the menu? Select is the power button on the NGP, if you hold it, does it start?
All games. Nintendo DSi

Aplumpkaboo

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Both the B/W Bios and the Color Bios seem to have the same issue. Holding select doesn't start the emulator, and I'm unable to open the menu, it is completely frozen.

Attachments

• IMG20220315163740.jpg
    IMG20220315163740.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 54

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.