Homebrew NeoGeo CD

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I dont no if anyone is reading this but it be really nice if Classic Controller Pro analog support was added in this emulator. The last blade and the last blade II really could use it. The analog works with the gamecube controller but i only have one and its the wired kind :( trying to play with my brother :(

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It'd be "just" a matter of recompiling with a more recent libogc to have Classic Pro support. That implies changes in sdfileio.c (to open and read files) at least.
But, first I don't have this controller to test if something's wrong. And second, there's a mysterious video bug that I never managed to fix properly. So neocd-wii can be considered abandoned and the last version(at least from me and Jacobeian, I think, who plays a large part starting the port).

You have 3 solutions for The last blade (and other big games) :

1. Use virtual console games.
2. Wait for something big to happen, on gc-forever. It's for gamecube but the coder wanted to release a Wii version(we were too fast with Jacobeian;)). I have some doubts regarding the video bug, but who knows...
I think it'll be a new interface based on libwiigui.
3. Wait for large NeoGeo roms support in Retroarch...

Reactions: mastershoes

Razor96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi let me get straight to the point when i try to load a game happens this: neogeo-cd starting scrren then for like 1,50 sec the loading game screen but then there's a black screen and i don't know what to do

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll have a look at the contents of my Neo Geo CD folder on my SD card this evening and see if I can help.

STLRamsFan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies for the bump, but this thread has had the most information for me. I am at a complete loss as to what the heck I'm doing wrong. With I had Track01 in the folder, I got a No IPL error so I extracted Track01. Now, I'm going straight into the file directory and anytime I click on the Double Dragon folder, it just goes into the folder like any other folder.

Any idea what the heck I'm doing wrong?

Here's what I got thus far:
Version 0.5
Apps: "neocd" with boot.dol, icon, meta, and neocd.xml files
BIOS: neocd.bin (date modified: 10/8/1988)
NEOCD: "Double Dragon" Folder with Track01 extracted (files such as ABOBO.PCM, ABS, BIB, ect are showing with Track01 deleted). MP3 Folder with another MP3 folder inside that contains tracks such as Double Dragon - Track02, and repeat until Track20.

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
hi there

someone can help me ?

when I launch the emulator, it goes to page blue where we see "neo-cd redux" and I can see my iso but the maping doesn't work

I can't get down or up, the controller doesn't respond

what's the problem ? thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hi there

someone can help me ?

when I launch the emulator, it goes to page blue where we see "neo-cd redux" and I can see my iso but the maping doesn't work

I can't get down or up, the controller doesn't respond

what's the problem ? thanks

edit

solved

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping someone will get a notification of this comment and repond, if they have successfully got a Neo-GeoCD game to to off a USB powered hard drive.

Here's the folder layout and files they contain in my USB HDD:

I:\bios\NEOCD.BIN

I:\neocd\3 Count Bout\ Game files and a mp3 folder with all the .mp3 files included.

I:\apps\neocd\boot.dol

I:\apps\neocd\icon.png

I:\apps\neocd\meta.xml

I:\apps\neocd\neocd.xml

neocd.xml=<section name="Storage" description="Storage Settings"> <setting name="storagedevice" value="1" description="Storage Device" /> <setting name="storagefolder" value="neocd/" description="Storage Folder" /> </section>

Now mind you, i can actually get to the settings options and change the load option from SD to USB and actually load a game "OFF THE SD CARD" I actually do not want to load anything off a SD card.

The error message i constantly get, when trying to boot neocd off the hdd via homebrew channel or a wii channel forwarder, "NO BIOS AVAILBLE!, PRESS A TO CONTINUE".

Now as you saw my file structure, it has the bios folder and bios file, included in the folder. I copied my setup for the SD card to the USB drive, exactly the way its setup on the SD card, ( which successfully booted a game and allowed me to access the settings options, so i can change from SD to USB.)

So yeah, that's my issue, For some reason, the emulator can't see or find my bios, even thought its in the directory its supposed to me in. This is as descriptive as i can get without creating a video. lol

Please someone respond, if you have gotten this emulator to work off a USB HDD. P.S. Please don't respond with telling me to just load games off the SD card...that would be very annoying and borderline trolling as i stated i want to load the games off USB, Not SD. I'm so close to getting this emulator to work

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have installed cios 202 and modified the neocd.xml I don't know. The hhd is fat32 and works with other homebrews?

Maybe you're a neogeo cd fan but there are better alternatives now to play neogeo(non cd) with retroarch final burn alpha.

By the way, I've uploaded the source code here : https://github.com/Wiimpathy/Neocd-Wii
After all these years I still don't understand the black screen bug : https://github.com/Wiimpathy/Neocd-Wii/blob/master/src/video/video.c#L233
Actually, most of the gx video part would also need a rewrite.

Last edited by Wiimpathy,

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have installed cios 202 and modified the neocd.xml I don't know. The hhd is fat32 and works with other homebrews?

Maybe you're a neogeo cd fan but there are better alternatives now to play neogeo(non cd) with retroarch final burn alpha.

Yes, FAT32 Sata hdd with a powered USB enclosure

How do i go about installing cios 202 without breaking my USB Loader GX setup?

have you ever got it to work on your vwii on your wii u or wii?

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 1st thing would be to check it's installed USB Loader GX. There should be a way in settings.
If not installed, just install 202 maybe following this : https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/hermes-cios

I don't have a wii-u. But yes it was working on my Wii + usb.

I'm desperate to get this working. Its my last resort.

You see, my goal is to have a SD cardless setup! A setup, totally independant of the SD card. and Retroarch wii u version is SD card only!

Could you please help me get it working?

You see, my goal is to have a SD cardless setup! A setup, totally independant of the SD card. and Retroarch wii u version is SD card only!

Are you currently in a discord server? if so, can you send me an invite?

I'm not sure i can even install that, being i'm on a wii u, running that emulator on my vwii. is it safe for vwii?

I'm not sure i can even install that, being i'm on a wii u, running that emulator on my vwii. is it safe for vwii?

I'm going to need step by step instrctions to install cios 202. I never did it before but i can read and follow directions. lol

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't install it, I don't know if it's risky on Wii-U !
Retroarch wii-u don't support usb drives, that's a real shame.
There's nothing more I can do. I won't touch the emulator's code anymore. Just hope someone updtate it!

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't install it, I don't know if it's risky on Wii-U !
Retroarch wii-u don't support usb drives, that's a real shame.
There's nothing more I can do. I won't touch the emulator's code anymore. Just hope someone updtate it!

Why did you abandon wiiNeoCD?

Why did you abandon wiiNeoCD?

Actually, wii u Retro arch does support USB drives, it just doesn't support booting from it. only loading from USB FAT32 drives.

Last edited by morpheous,

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Because there's a video bug since the beginning. I still don't know what's the cause and nobody ever managed to fix it. As a result the emulation is wrong, it's the same for the gc-forever version.
That's 1 of the main reason. And the not technical reason is that I prefer neogeo aes/mvs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users