Hacking NeoGamma Thread

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
chin77 said:
Why does R8 tell me I'm stupid when I try to boot a GC game while using Ocarina?

PS Telling the user he's STUPID doesn't do much to help get you out of beta. Don't you think?

You have a good point, it should not say that if you launch a GC game. But if you don't know why it tells you that when trying to launch a Wii game, i refuse to help you.

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
BUG: Using a GC D-pad to select a dol from the launch game screen doesn't work properly. For example, on Metroid Prime Trilogy, it causes it to toggle endlessly between two out of the five possible dol files. The Wiimote D-pad works correctly.

Also, I think you already know that the reset button doesn't work because it causes the Wii to display a blank screen, but it does work in Multiboot which I believe is just a minor modification of Softchip. Will it be possible to support reset in NeoGamma too?

B

BryceOne

Is annyone able to get Price Is Right 2010 Edition to work with NeoGamma? It works from USB, but can't get the disc alone to work (just blank screen).

neuggim

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
I had a wii NTSC 3.1U and a friend gave me EA Sport Active (non Original) when I tried to play appeared 002 error, I asked in some forums and they recommend install NeoGamma y el cIOS rev13a/14, I installed it and fixed the error, all perfect.

Now I played Wii sport resort (original) it asked me for update... I press No but the game didnt let me play until I press Yes... the firmware changed 3.4U since this changes I cant play EA sport Active anymore (display a message "EA Sport... Wii cant read this CD read wii manual.. something like that)

What can I do to fix it?

Thanks

Thang_Bom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not an expert. Why don't you make a backup copy and run from it or install neogamma v6 or 7, run it from neogamma or other backup program.

neuggim said:
I had a wii NTSC 3.1U and a friend gave me EA Sport Active (non Original) when I tried to play appeared 002 error, I asked in some forums and they recommend install NeoGamma y el cIOS rev13a/14, I installed it and fixed the error, all perfect.

Now I played Wii sport resort (original) it asked me for update... I press No but the game didnt let me play until I press Yes... the firmware changed 3.4U since this changes I cant play EA sport Active anymore (display a message "EA Sport... Wii cant read this CD read wii manual.. something like that)

What can I do to fix it?

Thanks

SumAznGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Noob question here, please bare with me =/

I wish to upgrade to NeoGamma from gamma backup channel and i wish to use the rebooter(i just prefer it). However i came across this:
- the rebooter is not compatible with preloader
- the rebooter only works for cIOS up to rev7 and in rev14+

Does that mean if i use rev13a and preloader that the Rebooter will not work? If i use rev13a and StartPatch, the rebooter should would right?

SumAznGuy

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. NeoGamma R8's rebooter *might* be preloader compatible.
2. The cIOS restriction is not a NeoGamma restriction, it's an error in the cIOS
3. Why rebooter???

neuggim

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thang_Bom said:
I am not an expert. Why don't you make a backup copy and run from it or install neogamma v6 or 7, run it from neogamma or other backup program.

neuggim said:

What can I do to fix it?

Thanks

Hi thanks for your answer but how do I do all those things that you say? I'm new

Kosaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gil21 said:
hey guys how to play metroid prime trilogy in neogamma r7 coz i keep cannot paly this game.please

First, go get IOS Patcher from this site.

bulaUse IOS Patcher to update the ISO to IOS249 prior to burning. Just drag your ISO onto the IOS patcher exe file and type 249 when prompted to Input an IOS version. Problem Solved

AbraCadvr

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im using a Wii 4.1U + Custom IOS38 rev 14
any way to runs GH5 using neogamma?? i dont use any HDD so im stickin with neogamma and softchip.
i read alot of threads but no luck! i know that was asked 1000times but i still need your help! thanks
wink.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Doesn't it require IOS37 or IOS56?

Retail disc ==> Use SoftChip set to IOS36
Backup disc ==> Install the cIOS replacement for the requested IOS from cioscorp and use SoftChip set to IOS249

Set SoftChip to load the requested IOS.

(The same method should work on Rock Band and monster hunter tri)

AbraCadvr

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:

Backup disc ==> Install the cIOS replacement for the requested IOS from cioscorp and use SoftChip set to IOS249

finally workin...thanks

lululoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys - I recently got the NeoGamma r7 and the cIOS rev 14 and got all my backups working. I'm having some trouble with the multiplayer function though. I run Trauma Center and on the neogamma screen, my two wiimotes work fine (they both blink 1 & 2 respectively) but as soon as I start the game, only player 1 is recognized and the second controller never turns back on after that. Can you guys help me?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
WiiPower said:

Ok, I am a bit confused about softchip's settings mind enlightening me a little?

When you mean "Install the cIOS replacement from the requested IOS from cioscorp" (Eg.. GH5) do you mean install cios56? So with "load requested IOS - enabled" it should use cios56 or do I press "+" to select it manually? Also what does "Fake IOS version" mean?

swy96o.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof