Hacking NeoGamma DVD Read Error (1048) only for SSBB

misterbreadcrum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I'm getting mixed advice it seems. I think I'll just save time and do the single layer version of the game, but where do I find one? I have a 4.7g version of the game, burnt it last night and it gave me an error, so Idk what I'm doing wrong there. If that doesn't work then what dual layer discs should I use to keep my wii drive alive? I'm new at Wii modifications so you'll have to bare with me. Are Verbatim acceptible? or should I use something else like Sony? I really just want to play Super Smash...

misterbreadcrum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so it turns I had a version of SSBB 4.7g downloaded already, but when I burned it to a dvd, I got nada. What do I have to do to get it to burn correctly? And aside from the shitty cutscenes being nixxed from the game is it affected in any other way?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My advice, stop wasting your time and money disc wise on this game. Its NOT worth it, really.
Get a 8GB USB flash/ stick drive and play it from that.
End of headaches.......

misterbreadcrum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer discs for games. If I had a good external HDD I'd use it but I don't. All I want to do is play SSBB on a dvd5. It should be very simple. Besides, this is a challenge I feel I'm up to and I hate backing down when I don't need to. Thanks for all of your support though!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer discs for games. If I had a good external HDD I'd use it but I don't. All I want to do is play SSBB on a dvd5. It should be very simple. Besides, this is a challenge I feel I'm up to and I hate backing down when I don't need to. Thanks for all of your support though!

if you got the dvd 5 version just burn it with regular dvd-r not a dual layer one.

trust me buring a dual layer is a pain... cause i wasted so many dual layers on a samurial warriors 3 it's not funny.

also there are some problem matic games i would put on a usb stick like Battlion Wars 2 Grand Slam Tennis and samurial warrios 3. trust me go single layer with SSBB it's much easier if you get the lower size one.

misterbreadcrum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk what it was about the first dvd5 I burned but this one works no problem. Now I just need some gamecube controllers to rock this shit out. Thanks for the help anyways guys! I think the problem was the write speed. Apparently had to be 4x and nothing else, not even 2.4x for me

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Alright so I'm getting mixed advice it seems. I think I'll just save time and do the single layer version of the game, but where do I find one? I have a 4.7g version of the game, burnt it last night and it gave me an error, so Idk what I'm doing wrong there. If that doesn't work then what dual layer discs should I use to keep my wii drive alive? I'm new at Wii modifications so you'll have to bare with me. Are Verbatim acceptible? or should I use something else like Sony? I really just want to play Super Smash...

As long as the DVD is DVD-R it should work. There are places around the world a Sony DVD isn't the best media brand you'd pick (like here) and the Wii's lens hate it, but for others, the media's quality is just fine. I have a DVD5 SSBB NTSC on a master-g DVD-R disk (ridata string by IMGBurn) and it works nice under neogamma or System Menu (I have a sunkey lite modchip)

Glad to hear it went fine

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wish i can post the iso here if you needed it but i can't cause it's agaisnt the rules. but it worked for you that's good.

also sometimes some dvd-r are shit when you burn them like i mean they don 't work at all i always burn at 2X even through it takes me an half an hour so yeah... to find a reject just sucks!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD