• Likes 5

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@[member='AbdallahTerro']
While it's perfect possible to create a dol that launches neek2o with a specific nand, it's not possible to do it without manipulating either nandcfg.bin or nandpath.bin. neek2o checks those files and loads a nand according to their contents. If postloader adjusts those as well before it launches neek2o, everything should work fine and without conflicts. I still don't get the problem in manipulating those files?
You have a problem now because the neek2o channel isn't touching them, if I understand well?
@[member='danielkraak']
The problem is that sneek uses the sd card for it's emulated nand like uneek is using the harddisk for it.
So basically, neek is taking ownership of those devices, and homebrew trying to acces it as well fails to do so.
I wrote a wrapper routine that redirects the calls to neek, but homebrews need some minor modifications for it to work.
The progress on this is slow but still going on..

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Yes if neek2o channel can also launch a specific nand whose path is present in a file different from nandpath.bin then the problem is solved (even if nandcfg and nandpath.bin are manipulated) since stfour is using nandpath in his latest revisions.
so if I have for example a file named channel.bin with nands\nand1 path inside the neek2o channel will always launch that nand even if PL3 messed with the other bin files.
If you have that dol I'll test it with pleasure.

Oh about "return to channel" for wiiware. I tested wiiware on EmuNand with USBL-GX-R1152 and Wiiflow-DML-MOD-R105 and this return to channel function is working like a charm. Hope PL3 can do this too.

Thanks

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='danielkraak']
The problem is that sneek uses the sd card for it's emulated nand like uneek is using the harddisk for it.
So basically, neek is taking ownership of those devices, and homebrew trying to acces it as well fails to do so.
I wrote a wrapper routine that redirects the calls to neek, but homebrews need some minor modifications for it to work.
The progress on this is slow but still going on..
I see, So I guess using the HBC and putting my apps on USB would be a solution. Or booting PostLoader immediately with Priiloader.

I think I will just stay with UNEEK in that case.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@abdallahTerro

That's the point, it can't. It's not the neek2o launching program that decides which nand is loaded.
It's neek2o who decides based upon the contents of nandpath.bin & nandcfg.bin.
So, it's only by manipulating one of those that you change neek2o it's behavour.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@[member='danielkraak']

yes, uneek is the better choice. Basically, you should be able to launch a gc from within uneek as well.
The problem is just that it's di can't create a diconfig.bin as it isn't having sd acces in uneek.
An application like postloader could perfectly create a diconfig.bin list in uneek with the gc games in it.
For a moment I believed that neek wasn't needed anymore for Dml.
Since rev. 21, and all I am reading right now, I don't know anymore.
I stopped working on the idea for launching dml from uneek, as I didn't saw any use in it anymore.

Besides that, sneek2o +di rev. 75 isn't working right now due to a bug.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@abdallahTerro

That's the point, it can't. It's not the neek2o launching program that decides which nand is loaded.
So, it's only by manipulating one of those that you change neek2o it's behavour.
So my only hope is a stfour like approach to the channel. i.e make the channel dol create a nandpath (for nand1) after backing up or cleaning config files in sneek folder to prevent conflicts
Right?
If yes can this be done? Maybe in a patch form where yo insert the nands path and apply the patch to the channel dol...
this way all users of the channel along with PL3 can benefit.
Thanks

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@abdallahTerro

I'm not a programmer so I need some expert help to do the following chnges to neek2o_1 channel dol:
1. check if channel.txt exists in usb//sneek folder
2. if no load regularly
3. if yes then delete nancfg.* nandpath.bin and diconfig.bin from usb//sneek folder
4. copy channel.txt nandpath.bin and boot the channel

Any expert willing to help please?

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why do you want to delete diconfig.bin?
It contains your games in the games and wbfs folder.
Those aren't supposed to change if you switch from one nand to another.
Rebuilding diconfig.bin is time consuming if you have a lot of games, so if nothing has changed, it's better to leave the file as is.

I was planning on doing the job, but since you are in such a hurry, some others might be working on it already?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Why do you want to delete diconfig.bin?
It contains your games in the games and wbfs folder.
Those aren't supposed to change if you switch from one nand to another.
Rebuilding diconfig.bin is time consuming if you have a lot of games, so if nothing has changed, it's better to leave the file as is.

I was planning on doing the job, but since you are in such a hurry, some others might be working on it already?

@[member='obcd']: Why do you want to delete diconfig.bin?
The Channel sometime boots into black screen when this file is present along with nandpath.bin. Especially after using PL3 neek2o mode, This should not happen but PL3 neek2o mode is messing up cfg files in sneek folder.
I found out that only when I delete both nandcfg and diconfig that the channel boots fine.

@[member='obcd']: Rebuilding diconfig.bin is time consuming if you have a lot of games, so if nothing has changed, it's better to leave the file as is.
I only use this nand for wiiware so this won't make any difference.

@[member='obcd']: I was planning on doing the job, but since you are in such a hurry, some others might be working on it already?
You're the man :)

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To save me reading through loads of pages and posts... As I'm using my blackberry.

At the moment, which revision is best recommended for sneek2o +di?
Also, would it possibly support DML?

Edit: I'll take a look at r72, seeming as that's featured on the google-code developmental site.

Wiichtig

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could anybody help me to get uneek2o (without di) to work? I built a clean nand and the uneek2o files rev. 75 with modmii and copied it all to a fresh fat32 32kb cluster size usb stick. Flie structure : usb:\nands\nand1\shared1 etc and usb:\sneek. I also copied the sd-card files to my sd. File structure: sd:\sneek and sd:\bootmiineek. Finally I installed the neek2o channel wad to real nand. When I start the channel, for a very short moment "Loading, please wait" blinks up and then simply nothing happens, although I left it for at least 20 minutes, no light on the wii, just a plain black screen, before I have to do a hard reset.
The crazy thing is, with the uneek files, built with sneek Installer from Crediar and the nand files on the root of usb, it works fine.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
so you're saying your able to get uneek to work but not uneek2o?

Can you try building uneek (instead of uneek2o) using ModMii to see if the issue might be with ModMii (although I doubt it). Just go to modmii's options page and disable the build neek2o option and try again. If it works, then we've elliminated ModMii as a potential cause for your issue.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
diconfig.bin from a normal neek setup and the one from a neek2o setup aren't compatible.
Make sure you erase the file before you switch from the one to the other.
You might also erase the channelcache.bin file.
Try to run neek2o without di.bin, and see if that setup works.
Another problem could be your nandcfg.bin file. If you erase it, It should be recreated automatically.
If you have a subfolder under your nands folder that doesn't contain a valid nand folder setup, it might accidentally take that one instead of the one you expect it to use.

E_Zatopek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How to auto-boot emulated NAND directly into JoyFlow

Folks,

can anyone give me a hint on how to auto-boot emulated NAND directly into JoyFlow instead of into the System Menu?
I have built the NAND with ModMii (UNEEK-DI and neek2o) and should somehow be able to make Priiloader start JoyFlow, shouldn't I?

Thanks

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
boot into your emunand's priiloader by holding reset when booting neek. Then install a forwarder dol for joyflow (ModMii probably already saved it to your sd card for you) as the "installed file" then change the priiloader boot settings to boot the installed file.

E_Zatopek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you, XFlak

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. Holding "Reset" while booting the EmuNAND gets me to Priiloader (priiloader v0.7 (r139) / Priiloader_neek2o) alright, but here is where it gets weird:
- In the menu, I choose "Load/Install File"
- Then I pick a forwarder to boot into (JoyFlow_neek2o or PostLoader or whatever else) and press "A" on the Wiimote to install it
- That gives me "Installing JoyFlow_neek2o" / Writing file failed!"
Also trying to enable System Menu hacks for the EmuNAND fails: "Can't find fat:/apps/priiloader/hacks_hash.ini / Can't find hacks_hash.ini on NAND", although I do have file "hacks_hash.ini" in fat:/:apps/priiloader.
Even exiting Priiloader to System Menu fails: "Error autobooting systemmenu! / Could not open boot file!"

Do you have an idea what could be causing these issues?

Thanks again for your help

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
you're using uneek, so in this case "FAT" must be your sd card, do you have "hacks_hash.ini" saved to in SD:/:apps/priiloader? Also, you can manually copy the hacks to the emunand, ModMii probably already did that for you. Look inside title\00000001\00000002\data\ and you should see them there.

Have you tried a different emunand? This is very odd behaviour, i'm curious to know if you can duplicate the problem with a different emunand

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@[member='E_Zatopek']

if you are using neek2o rev. 72, you might switch to rev. 75. It should fix your issues. You just need to replace it's kernel.bin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong