Hacking neek2.0 chat room everything about neek

Katalin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Overjoy posted an USB Loader GX mod working with neek2o a while back on IRC. Ask him for what you need to make it work

sabandellos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was using wiiflow for everything, but last versions doesn't work very well with DiosMIos
I'll keep using Wiiflow for Wiiware/VC and UsbLoaderGX for Wii/GC while is being implemented neek on GX
Thanks!!

PauloAfir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How can i make this work , im using modmii, and can´t make ii work, with forwarders or not. i want to know what im done wrong.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"it doesn't work" is not enough information to know what's wrong or why it doesn't work, sorry.
you will have to give more informations (ALL informations), like which version, which region, which program, which SD, which USB, which ... everything you did.

PauloAfir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
im using modmii to install, im have 4.3 u sdhc 16gb inf fat32 32k, usb hdd in fat 32 too. im already had homebrew channel, and can play almos any wii game and som GC games using nintendont, from USB.

Im bit confuse with uneek,like how to install wads in emunand, and how to use to install or boot the emunand.
sry for my bad english not my native language.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You didn't tell which version of neek you generated in modmii (neek or neek2o, di or not, sd or usb, etc.)
You didn't tell where you placed your installed files (SD or USB?)
you didn't tell if you made a dump of your NAND or if you generated a clean new NAND from modmii
you didn't tell where you placed your NAND dump
you didn't tell how you launch neek (bootmii@boot2, nswitch channel, nswitch homebrew, usbloader, etc.) and which version or file you use to do this
you didn't tell what happens and what you see when you launch it, how long you wait

"not working" is not a good description to what happen. you really need to give information about what you have and what you did and what you see.

Installing wad will come LATER.
first, you need to get a working neek setup before caring about what's on it.

PauloAfir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thnks, this clarify a lot, no joking.

Im using neek20, uneek+di , clean generatede from mod mii, installed on USB, .

Im put the files as indicated by the folders, like Copy to SD , i copied the contents to sd root, same for USB.

The part of of where i put the nand dump i cant answer , but if you can clarify to me where and how i make it i will be very gratefull.

I tryied to launch from bootmii, but no success, i don have nswitch channel installed, tried to use postloader, in posloadet and bootmii both go to black scree and nothig happens, i wait like 5 minuts the power off wii.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need to create a copy of your wii memory (it's a lot easier and faster than doing a clean new dump from modmii).
You should look for "Simple FS dumper", but if you don't have it or don't want to use it, you can use modmii to generate a new clean NAND.
running a clean nand for the first time is like booting the Wii for the first time (asking the region, the date, synchronize wiimote, etc.), it takes ~10min to boot! (black screen for 10mins)

you need to place your NAND dump here :

USB:/nands/<myNAND>/ (rename <myNAND> like you want)
example :
USB:/nands/43u/
USB must be the first partition of the drive.

To boot into neek mode, you need Nswitch homebrew or channel, or use a USBLoader (like wiiflow or USBLoaderGX)
or you can boot into it at console power ON if you have Bootmii installed as Boot2 (but it's only possible on very old Wii)

Are you already using any USBLoaders?
making a NAND dump and booting neek is a lot easier from the loader.

What you should do is :
1. generate the "copy to USB" from modmii and place it to USB.
You don't need the "copy to SD" if you generated Uneek+di (U is for USB, S for SD) and you don't use bootmii to launch it.
2. go to usbloader (for example usbloadergx), and select a EmuNAND path in the settings to be on USB (anywhere is fine, usb:/my_super_neek_folder/)
3. make a NAND dump using NAND dump option inside the loader
4. Set the emuNAND launching mode to "neek"
5. run your game channels located on neek from the loader

note: if you are on WiiU vWii, modmii will not work.

PauloAfir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You need to create a copy of your wii memory (it's a lot easier and faster than doing a clean new dump from modmii).
You should look for "Simple FS dumper", but if you don't have it or don't want to use it, you can use modmii to generate a new clean NAND.
running a clean nand for the first time is like booting the Wii for the first time (asking the region, the date, synchronize wiimote, etc.), it takes ~10min to boot! (black screen for 10mins)

you need to place your NAND dump here :

USB:/nands/<myNAND>/ (rename <myNAND> like you want)
example :
USB:/nands/43u/
USB must be the first partition of the drive.

To boot into neek mode, you need Nswitch homebrew or channel, or use a USBLoader (like wiiflow or USBLoaderGX)
or you can boot into it at console power ON if you have Bootmii installed as Boot2 (but it's only possible on very old Wii)

Are you already using any USBLoaders?
making a NAND dump and booting neek is a lot easier from the loader.

What you should do is :
1. generate the "copy to USB" from modmii and place it to USB.
You don't need the "copy to SD" if you generated Uneek+di (U is for USB, S for SD) and you don't use bootmii to launch it.
2. go to usbloader (for example usbloadergx), and select a EmuNAND path in the settings to be on USB (anywhere is fine, usb:/my_super_neek_folder/)
3. make a NAND dump using NAND dump option inside the loader
4. Set the emuNAND launching mode to "neek"
5. run your game channels located on neek from the loader

note: if you are on WiiU vWii, modmii will not work.

Thanks,

im making a new dump now, and will follow your instructions, your explanations is much clearer from what i found on web, even thats on my native language.

So after the dump i got 2 files nand.bin and keys.bin, is this the only files to go on that subfolder in nands?

szczuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks,

im making a new dump now, and will follow your instructions, your explanations is much clearer from what i found on web, even thats on my native language.

So after the dump i got 2 files nand.bin and keys.bin, is this the only files to go on that subfolder in nands?

Or you can just dump whole NAND using UsbLoaderGX ;)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it hangs because you don't have a correct NAND dump.
You didn't use the correct dumper. ( I told you "Simple FS dumper" or modmii, not bootmii)
bootmii is creating a single file with all the clusters (even empty clusters) from the memory.

You need the extracted content (the files and folders that are present on your console need to be copied on your USB)
You can extract the dump.bin file with showMiiWads, or you should use USBLoaderGX to do all the steps.

1 USBLoaderGX > settings > userpath > EmuNAND channel path : USB:/nands/my_dump/
2 USBLoaderGX > settings > features > dump NAND > to EmuNAND channel
3 USBLoaderGX > settings > loader settings > EmuNAND channel : neek
4 USBLoaderGX main view > 4th icon at the top > EmuNAND
launch the channels you see and it will use neek.

But neek is not always recommended, you should use neek only with specific channels which are incompatible with USBloader and cIOS.
cIOS mode FULL is easier and faster : you don't need NEEK to launch channels on emuNAND.
I recommend to set "EmuNAND channel" mode to FULL, and only enable neek individually in game settings. (not in global loader settings, only on games incompatible with cIOS)
3 USBLoaderGX > settings > loader settings > EmuNAND channel : FULL
5 USBLoaderGX > select a game > option > Game settings > EmuNAND : neek

you can also launch neek without autobooting a channel, it will load the "emulated neek system menu"
6 USBLoaderGX > settings > features > launch neek

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlxH_Th3-LI