1. FeverTown

OP FeverTown Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    So I've been wanting to play a revamped version of Etrian Odyssey 3 on my DSi's R4 Flashcart but I couldn't get so far because of the anti-piracy measures kicking in. It could work out if I played using an emulator but I like it better when I can play it on the intended game system instead on the computer. If there's a solution or anyone who can help, I'd love a helping hand! Spend a few hours looking everywhere on what I should do.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    If it is an R4 that works on a DSi then it should have long had it patched. Is it a Wood compatible one because the Wood firmware should also have it sorted and is probably the better options anyway.

There is a standalone patch database so you might have a look at that
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/ap-patch-preservation.477536/

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. FeverTown

OP FeverTown Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    I think I wasn't clear with my words, sorry! The ROM I am trying to play is the one that I patched with the new changes made by the creator.

Somehow the AP measures kicked in for my r4 flashcart but it seems to go fine with the others (at least their old r4 cart).

4. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I can't recall if it's that game or EO4, but I bought both of them, because it's my favorite series and the ap hadn't been broken at the time. anyway, there's a bad release of the game. I think the dumper at the time dumped in 32MB increments. the game is barely larger than that, and the person who dumped it, only got chunk 1.

5. FeverTown

OP FeverTown Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Also my flashcart came from r4isdhc and named R4i Dual-Core. I'm not so sure if it's compatible with wood kernels because I'm sort of lost on what to do. Tried transferring the contents after formatting the SD card with no success.

A question mark would pop up and the word menu.

6. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I don't know if this might help, but twilight menu++ has most ap built in from what I remember.

7. FeverTown

OP FeverTown Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    upload_2020-10-31_9-18-29.png
    This is what I saw at the mod's github. There's TWLoader but that's way back 1-2 years ago and for the 3DS.

Last time they've worked on it was somewhere in the middle of 2018.

I've tried the option of using TwilightMenu++ but the AP's still there for some reason which is strange because it's the up-to-date version.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Patching, Needing,