Needing alittle info containing Savemiifrii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Thomas83Lin, Dec 12, 2009.

Dec 12, 2009
  1. Thomas83Lin
    OP

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    Ok i'm trying to unbrick someone on adifferent site, I can post the link if needed but that might break afew rules sense the site its on,
    Anyways here the problem

and a quote from the person

Anyways after some chatting This is the advice i gave the person, first off he has No Modchip bootmii or preloader but is able to get into the savemiifrii recovery menu, My advice was to boot into savemiifrii recovery menu, which he is able to do,
    Then Stick in a legit Wii Game containing a 4.1 ex New Mario bros then let it update. is there any reason this wont work. Thanks in advice or if you have a better idea please explain

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
  3. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    That will work.

4. Thomas83Lin
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the thread but it doesn't mention updating with savemiifrii, which is rarely used it only mentions autobooting disc, unlike in this case, and updating with savemiifrii i'm pretty sure doesn't require any startpatch or preloader hacks right?? just as long have your using a legit wii disc, I have tested this before on a lower firmware just not 4.0 and confirmed it just that this person is saying its not working and i can't explain why its not. He's using Wii Sports resort trying to update to 4.1 from 4.0

5. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Well, for updating with that method you still need some way to make the disc autoboot. And you're generally going to need a modchip and/or Preloader or StartPatch to do it.

6. Thomas83Lin
    OP

United States
    Anyways i'ts either the user had installed startpatch and blocked updates?? or Wii Sports resort doesn't contain a 4.1 update, I heard mix results about that and i'm leaning on that to being the problem here My thinking is that wii sports doesn't contain the 4.1 update just that the 4.1 update was released to fix a bug in wii sports intro meaning the disc doesn't actually come with that update. I actually recommended him to use New Mario bros but he insisted on wii sports resort.

EDIT: And for those wondering we did manage to get this wii Fixed, by updating with New Mario Bros via Savemiifrii