Retro Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok i'm trying to unbrick someone on adifferent site, I can post the link if needed but that might break afew rules sense the site its on,
Anyways here the problem

and a quote from the person

QUOTE(LilDee;396954) said:
One day I decided to put a theme on my soft-modded wii ver 4.0 to be exact , I guess I didn't follow the exact instructions on the whole tweak thing, anyway i attempted to put a south park on my wii and now, like at the very beginning It says"press a to kick butt" so I do, this should have taken me to the main menu of the wii but it didn't it just went to a black screen. I don't have bootmii, preloader, or any other brick recovery program. a friend of mine told me to come here to where I might find bushing to help me, which I hope he can. If you guys have any info please help

by the way the rescue mii technique didn't work for me

Anyways after some chatting This is the advice i gave the person, first off he has No Modchip bootmii or preloader but is able to get into the savemiifrii recovery menu, My advice was to boot into savemiifrii recovery menu, which he is able to do,
Then Stick in a legit Wii Game containing a 4.1 ex New Mario bros then let it update. is there any reason this wont work. Thanks in advice or if you have a better idea please explain

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
Thanks for the thread but it doesn't mention updating with savemiifrii, which is rarely used it only mentions autobooting disc, unlike in this case, and updating with savemiifrii i'm pretty sure doesn't require any startpatch or preloader hacks right?? just as long have your using a legit wii disc, I have tested this before on a lower firmware just not 4.0 and confirmed it just that this person is saying its not working and i can't explain why its not. He's using Wii Sports resort trying to update to 4.1 from 4.0

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, for updating with that method you still need some way to make the disc autoboot. And you're generally going to need a modchip and/or Preloader or StartPatch to do it.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Well, for updating with that method you still need some way to make the disc autoboot. And you're generally going to need a modchip and/or Preloader or StartPatch to do it.
No your not autobooting the disc just installing the update from the disc thats theres no need to autoboot or a modchip, anyways heres a quote from http://savemii.net/faq.html technically the same as savemiifrii, and i have tested updating with just savemiifrii so i know it works.

QUOTEDo I need a modchip in order to use SaveMii?

Not necessarily. You will need a modchip so that the Wii will accept a custom-made “autoboot” disc with your recovery tools on it. However, even without a modchip, newer versions of the Wii system software (3.0+) will try to install any valid update that is present on any legit Wii disc you attempt to boot with SaveMii. In some cases, this will be enough to let you install a newer System Menu and recover your console.

Anyways i'ts either the user had installed startpatch and blocked updates?? or Wii Sports resort doesn't contain a 4.1 update, I heard mix results about that and i'm leaning on that to being the problem here My thinking is that wii sports doesn't contain the 4.1 update just that the 4.1 update was released to fix a bug in wii sports intro meaning the disc doesn't actually come with that update. I actually recommended him to use New Mario bros but he insisted on wii sports resort.

EDIT: And for those wondering we did manage to get this wii Fixed, by updating with New Mario Bros via Savemiifrii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse