Hacking Needed idiots guide to scrubbing wii ISOS

microbar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I have had homebrew Added to my sons wii and added a usb hard drive
so he can run all his games from the hard drive.
I would like to extract all the isos from his backup dvds and move them to his hard drive with WBFS Manager .

I have used image burn to get the ISO image from the backup dvds

I would also like to remove any updates from these isos
have tried WiiBrickBlocker but the update partition still remains after using WiiBrickBlocker as it shows up as partition 0 in wii scrubber.

Also after scrubbing an iso with wii scrubber the file size still shows as a full dvd 4.7 gig what am I doing wrong.

Can anyone please help thanks.
nayps3.gif

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
microbar said:
Hi

I have had homebrew Added to my sons wii and added a usb hard drive (Need to know file system format: wbfs, fat32 or ntfs.)
ok
I would like to extract all the isos from his backup dvds and move them to his hard drive with WBFS Manager .
IMO you should get an USB Loader like CFG LOader and configure it to rip the "games only partition" directly to your usb drive in .wbfs format (assuming your hdd drive is formatted fat32/ntfs) and this way you can skip ripping them with imgburn, using wiibrickblocker , scrubbing them with wiiscrubber etc.

SKIP THIS I have used image burn to get the ISO image from the backup dvds

SKIP THIS I would also like to remove any updates from these isos
have tried WiiBrickBlocker but the update partition still remains after using WiiBrickBlocker as it shows up as partition 0 in wii scrubber.

Also after scrubbing an iso with wii scrubber the file size still shows as a full dvd 4.7 gig what am I doing wrong.
It is normal. Don't worry, after ripping the backup disc with the loader it will shrink the size of the image (iso)

nayps3.gif

You are welcome!

microbar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Burton said:
microbar said:
Hi

I have had homebrew Added to my sons wii and added a usb hard drive (Need to know file system format: wbfs, fat32 or ntfs.)
ok
IMO you should get an USB Loader like CFG LOader and configure it to rip the "games only partition" directly to your usb drive in .wbfs format (assuming your hdd drive is formatted fat32/ntfs) and this way you can skip ripping them with imgburn, using wiibrickblocker , scrubbing them with wiiscrubber etc.

SKIP THIS I have used image burn to get the ISO image from the backup dvds

SKIP THIS I would also like to remove any updates from these isos

It is normal. Don't worry, after ripping the backup disc with the loader it will shrink the size of the image (iso)

nayps3.gif

You are welcome!

Thankyou very much Burton it has all become clear now,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-