Hacking Need to update, no connection.

Rikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there, and first of all, I'm really, really sorry if I'm doing something wrong. I'm fairly new to this.

Well, you see, I need to update my Wii to firmware 3.2U. Problem is, I have no internet connection on the Wii, nor I plan to (or can, for that matter) get one, and even if I had, it probably would jump directly to 3.4U, which would be a nightmare. At first, I was really happy when I heard about cIOS downgrader, but then, after reading the description more carefully, I noticed you needed internet connection, and as such I'm a little lost as to what to do.

Could you please help me? I really have no way to even get a connection for the Wii, and current update (3.1U) was gotten through games. I'm a little desperate, in fact.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You need to use WUM on a PC with internet conection, so you can download the update, and patch any .iso with it...!!
smile.gif

Rikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ether2802 said:
You need to use WUM on a PC with internet conection, so you can download the update, and patch any .iso with it...!!
smile.gif
So WUM can actually download the updates? I thought you could only use those contained in discs.

Okay, then, thank you VERY much. You're a lifesaver.

Rikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just updated the firmware using said method. Works 100%.

Thank you very much again, Ether!

shondark

Trophies
XP
Country
But I believe that you need to have a Modchip to use WUM. Is that true?

Is there a way to update the Wii without modchip and without using the Internet? Because all the games that I've bought had only until 3.1E

breakdaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shondark said:

Is there a way to update the Wii without modchip and without using the Internet? Because all the games that I've bought had only until 3.1E

Seems like launching through Gamma or with Disc Channel patch should work? I'm not sure though, I have the disc update block on in Starfall. I wouldn't recommend, but maybe after patching the iso, you could use Wii Scrubber to extract IOS30 wad and the new system menu wad and install them through wad manager. You'll brick if you screw up, so don't, lol.

Rikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
breakdaze said:
shondark said:

Seems like launching through Gamma or with Disc Channel patch should work? I'm not sure though, I have the disc update block on in Starfall. I wouldn't recommend, but maybe after patching the iso, you could use Wii Scrubber to extract IOS30 wad and the new system menu wad and install them through wad manager. You'll brick if you screw up, so don't, lol.
I think said method is overcomplicated, though. But perhaps if you patch the ISO and use the Backup Loader, it'd update, no?

I burned the disc, but for those who cannot do that...

[EDIT]: Question, do you need to patch an ISO that originally had an update (like Metroid Prime 3) so that it works? One friend of mine read this topic and decided to patch Sonic Unleashed, but no update showed up for him, quite unfortunately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1